Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, My sister has 150,000 in a cash value account with her former employer, she wants to roll most of it over to an IRA of some sort for savings and also to use 50,000 to do some work on her house. She was injured in an accident and is not presently working or able to go to work.
Is there any type of a ret.account that she can access now w/o taxes, or minimal taxes. She has a side business and was thinking that maybe she could set something up to borrow her own money from it. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.