Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Zordac Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8948  
Subject: Cashiers NC? Date: 2/9/2002 1:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've been invited to go to a place called the High Hampton Inn in Cashiers North Carlina for a work-related event. Apparently there's a nice golf course there. Anyone ever been? Would it be worth a trip?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hpdds Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1226 of 8948
Subject: Re: Cashiers NC? Date: 2/9/2002 8:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
zordac:
I've been invited to go to a place called the High Hampton Inn in Cashiers North Carlina for a work-related event. Apparently there's a nice golf course there. Anyone ever been? Would it be worth a trip?

I would say in a word-no. i live in pinehurst so i am somewhat spoiled so TIFWIW. Wade Hampton, Highlands, Grandfather are all awesome. anyway... it also depends on the time of the year. the leaves can be really nice in early fall.

hp

Author: tosteve Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1229 of 8948
Subject: Re: Cashiers NC? Date: 2/10/2002 8:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
I would not visit the High Hampton Inn just fot the golf. The course is surrounded by beautiful scenery but is not particularly challenging. The inn itself is a beautiful but old-fashioned summer lodge. Large self-service dining room and huge fireplace with beautiful porch but the rooms are spartan and don't have TVs. That's not why you are there! Sit on the patio outside the pub with a pre-dinner drink and stare over the lake to the gorgeous cliffs...that's why you're there! It's a great place for a family vacation. There are other courses in the area which may provide more of a challenge but I haven't tried them.

Steve...a regular

Author: Zordac Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1232 of 8948
Subject: Re: Cashiers NC? Date: 2/11/2002 12:26 AM
I would not visit the High Hampton Inn just fot the golf.

Well, unfortunately I have to go there for a business conference, so I was hoping the course would be good. Anyone know the closest decent course to the Inn?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement