Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: yeayea00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121599  
Subject: Cashing Bonds Date: 1/12/2009 4:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Was given some Series H US Savings Bonds that have reached maturaity - my plan is to cash them and use the money to fund my Roth IRA for 2008

Any tips on how to deal with the tax impacts..?

Thanks..
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103588 of 121599
Subject: Re: Cashing Bonds Date: 1/12/2009 5:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Was given some Series H US Savings Bonds that have reached maturaity - my plan is to cash them and use the money to fund my Roth IRA for 2008

Any tips on how to deal with the tax impacts..?

You'll need to know the history back to when they were first issued. See the discussion in Publication 550. You need to read the whole thing. Don't stop early.

Phil

Author: yeayea00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103616 of 121599
Subject: Re: Cashing Bonds Date: 1/13/2009 2:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
All 80 pages!?!

Just kidding.. thanks for the info..

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement