UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JAB711 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308419  
Subject: Cashing Credit Card Company Checks Date: 10/19/2002 9:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hey everyone,

Does anyone here cash the checks that the credit card companies send you. For example. Here is a $15 check that if you cash, you are automatically enrolled in our credit protection service.

For those of you that do cash them. Is it a hassle to cancel? Or is it fairly easy?

Thanks,

Jason
Print the post Back To Top
Author: allienic98 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143242 of 308419
Subject: Re: Cashing Credit Card Company Checks Date: 10/19/2002 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I never, ever cash those checks. Sometimes, they can be a royal pain in the butt to cancel.

I cashed one once...and was automatically enrolled in something. I don't even remember what now. I actually remembered to cancel it within the 30 days...or so I thought. See, the annual membership (i think it was for something like $179) still *magically* appeared on my next credit card statement. I went through so much trying to get it off.

I had actually written down the person's name I spoke to when I called to cancel. When I called about the charge, I was told that someone by that name doesn't work there.....it took about 2 months worth of weekly phone calls to get it off.

Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143256 of 308419
Subject: Re: Cashing Credit Card Company Checks Date: 10/19/2002 3:35 PM
Recommendations: 0
I was able to cancel it pretty easily.

coolprash

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement