No. of Recommendations: 0
casperdog -

You said: "I have been in a 403B fixed annuity since 1986." "I would like to roll it over to some other type of investment." "Any suggestions?"

Yup! (1) Pay back the loan. Either do it with other available funds, of make partial withdrawals (after retirement) to repay the loan. You may pay it off as aggressively as you wish, allowing for the taxable income generated with TSA withdrawals. (2) Make a partial rollover to an IRA of your choice. Even using a mutual fund family (or two of three) will allow more investment opportunity for these monies that you don't need right away, right? (3) Avoid surrender fees (I hate 'em) by determining the maximum amount that can be withdrawn/transferred without penalty, and then don't exceed that amount!

Just my 2¢!

Congratulations on your retirement, PP

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.