UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: isitinfo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49430  
Subject: Re: European Invasion Date: 1/24/2002 3:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Cassie,

First and foremost, thanks for the advice. It confirms what I had in mind, but not the specifics of what to say and whether I should stick with my e-mail contact, whom, by the way, I can't attach a position or title. For all I know, it may be the VP of Sales for this area, or the potential G.M. for their US operations.

Of course, the basic tools that should be used in this instance, are either to show how to add value to something, or show them how you can do the job that needs doing. I've actually attempted to do the latter based on my 2nd e-mail to the company. Regardless, both of these approaches are difficult to overcome without specific information, which at the moment isn't available.

Okay, so that sounded negative and I know I have to do something positive, but I believe I have a couple of days before I need to initiate my next foray on this and I'd rather seek advice, than boldly blunder where no man has blundered before. <te..he>

By the way, this company has 3 products, out of which 2 appear to be capable of supporting US companies. These products are specific to healthcare and pharmaceuticals. The company has annual revenues of about $350M per and has approximately 2,600 employees.

So, let's say I do decide to cold call the VP of Sales for this area, what do you think I should say to them?

Oh, and to answer your last question - ARe there any other goals in your life where sitting around and waiting actually got you what you wanted??? Yes, I have achieved one goal that I know of, just sitting around and waiting - my wife gave birth to our son and after initial contact; I sat around for 9 months. <grin>
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement