UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (86) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: StBridgit Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127359  
Subject: Re: Lost/Found Pet procedure for homeowners Date: 6/23/2009 4:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 71
Castration is cruel.

I will draw your attention to our local humane society's information about castration of dogs:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/safety/AnimalServices/pettips/dogt...

In particular, allow me to highlight this particular passage:
"After castration, the male will exhibit less urine marking in the house. He will be less inclined to roam for extended periods of time. It is estimated that these behavioral changes take place in about fifty percent of the dogs that are castrated."

Now, as I understand from your previous posts, your dog has essentially destroyed your house by urinating everywhere. You posted previously that you have tried "everything" to solve this problem, and you are now faced with having to completely remodel large parts of your house because you cannot get rid of the smell of dog urine.

In addition, your dog has gotten out of your house and been missing for extended periods (a week or so). While you think you know how long the people who found him actually had him, the truth is that you do not know how long he was actually with those people. You also have no idea if your Jack Russell has fathered unwanted puppies on other dogs in the general vicinity during those periods of his absence.

If you are concerned about the absence of your dog's testicles, why don't you spring for a pair of Neuticles (http://www.neuticles.com/) and replace his testicles with those. Your dog will not know the difference and you will be doing the responsible thing as a dog owner to prevent unwanted dogs, and you may be solving your own dog wetting problem in your house.

Frankly, reading your posts I see an irresponsible dog owner who doesn't want to do the right thing by his dog and himself by having the dog neutered. I wonder how many years of urinating on your furniture you could have avoided by neutering him in the first place. As others have stated, your vet is way out of line with the veterinary community on this issue, and there are multiple medical reasons why it is a positive thing for your dog, as well as the behavioral aspects.

Just what I'm seeing from what you're saying, Paul. You just sound stubborn and unwilling to do what would probably correct a host of problems with your dog.

By the way, how does your daughter feel about the constant smell of urine in your house? Surely she has an opinion on the subject as well.

StB.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (86) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement