Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
*Cat writes:

<<Pixy wrote:
If the owner was taking MRDs at the date of death, then payout must occur by 12/31 of the year following the year of death.

I write:
ONLY if the MRD calculation was single life expectancy, recalc life. If the MRD calculation was DO NOT recalc life, then the IRA may be paid over what is left of the IRA owner's original life expectancy at age 70 1/2 as long as payments continue as least as fast as if the owner was still alive. (IF the IRA custodian so allows)

Naming an estate as beneficiary reduces the flexibility of the payments to the individuals who are the underlying beneficiaries of the estate. 99% of the time, it is better to name the specific individuals instead.>>

I'm sure if you go back and reread whatever you're quoting here, you will see my statement was made in the same context you are using in your assumed correction. I don't know for sure, though, as you haven't attribtued the quote to any of the many, many articles I've written on the topic.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement