Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196929  
Subject: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wrong Date: 10/11/2012 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ontario-education-minister-...

In what pro-life leaders are calling a stunning and unprecedented attack on religious freedom, Ontario’s Education Minister has apparently declared that Catholic schools can no longer teach that abortion is wrong.

Laurel BrotenLaurel Broten, who serves under Liberal Premier Dalton McGuinty, said Wednesday that Catholic schools are barred from teaching this core moral belief because Bill 13, the government’s controversial “anti-bullying” law, prohibits “misogyny.”

“Taking away a woman’s right to choose could arguably be considered one of the most misogynistic actions that one could take,” she told the Canadian Press. “I don’t think there is a conflict between choosing Catholic education for your children and supporting a woman’s right to choose.”

Bill 13 had already been slammed by Ontario’s bishops as an attack on religious freedom because it forces Catholic schools to allow “gay-straight alliance” clubs.

Religious freedom is under attack both in the US and is spreading around the world.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bdhinton Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183412 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 10:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Religious freedom is under attack both in the US and is spreading around the world.

What's your proposed solution?

I would think changing hearts and minds would be one option, but you preclude that.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183416 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 2
The law does not attack religious freedom, unless your religion calls for you to teach religious dogma to your children.

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183419 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 10:55 AM
The law does not attack religious freedom, unless your religion calls for you to teach religious dogma to your children.

Don't all major religions call for the teaching of religious dogma to children? Heck, even the liberal not-really-Christian Methodist church teaches some Christian dogma (or doctrine).

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183421 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 11:10 AM
Abortion is God's plan, is explained in the Bible.

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183433 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 12:05 PM
Recommendations: 2

Yay!

Frydaze1

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183434 of 196929
Subject: Re: Catholic Schools Can't Teach Abortion is Wro Date: 10/11/2012 12:16 PM
Recommendations: 1

"Josh" I'm sorry there is so much hate in your life that you have to strike like this at people. I hope one day you will come to a better place in your life.

Charlie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement