UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: CEF and GDL Date: 9/20/2008 7:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
just thinking here - i have not seen any posts discussing the possibilties of putting say - 5% of liquid assest in gold such as GDL or CEF? Not being a sophisticated nor seasoned investor,I wonder if this is a viable strategy to be safe?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ptheland Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63904 of 75383
Subject: Re: CEF and GDL Date: 9/21/2008 1:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I wonder if this is a viable strategy to be safe?

Depends. What is YOUR definition of safe? What worry keeps you awake at night?

--Peter

Author: joelxwil Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63906 of 75383
Subject: Re: CEF and GDL Date: 9/21/2008 1:05 PM
I assume you mean GLD, not GDL. This thread may interest you. Personally, I have never had much success with gold.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=27012755

Author: ltangel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63908 of 75383
Subject: Re: CEF and GDL Date: 9/21/2008 2:59 PM
read the articles -very informative- thank you - maybe some just for diversification?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement