Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSkiii Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 649  
Subject: Cello? Date: 1/13/2009 1:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hrmm, not much activity in this board of late. Anybody out there sporting a shiny new i7 series Intel rig yet? The reviews of it look great.

I just built a new machine this summer that I have been real happy with: Quad core Q9450 overclocked to 3.2GHz, Velociraptor hard drive, and 8 gigs of ram (heh, why not?) running on Vista x64.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xSixSigmaMBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645 of 649
Subject: Re: Cello? Date: 1/14/2009 10:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Honestly Skiii,

Most people go to HWTSC vs. here...

xSSMBB

Author: XMFUberman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646 of 649
Subject: Re: Cello? Date: 2/7/2009 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm running a newish rig. I went dual-core instead of quad, and am kind of wishing I had held off for the i7 platform.

That said, even though my graphics card is no longer cutting edge (8800GT), I have yet to find a game I can't play. Part of that is that I still just have a 19" monitor, and haven't upgraded to the behemoths yet.

I went with Vista x64, 6 gigs of RAM though. No problems, really.

If you haven't, check out "Defense Grid", an indy game. Free demo, costs like $20 for the full version. Nice twists on the old RTS model. Good sense of humor, too.

Author: TMFSkiii Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647 of 649
Subject: Re: Cello? Date: 2/13/2009 5:16 PM
Hey Josh. Yah, I am wishing a little that I held out for the Intel "tock" (or is it "tick?) with the i7. But, DDR3 prices were stoopid high, and I just couldn't wait.

Yah, I need to check out Defense Grid, I saw it on steam. I loved the Desktop Tower Defense flash game, and that looks similar.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement