Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195936  
Subject: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intolerance Date: 10/9/2012 11:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Censoring-Conservatives-Liberals-I...

None of this would matter so much if it were not for the myth that liberals are tolerant, and conservatives are intolerant. Wherever liberals dominate — in the artistic community, Hollywood, the media, education, publishing — there is no shortage of attempts to muzzle the speech of conservatives. They are the masters of intolerance.

Amen!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183346 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 11:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
<<
there is no shortage of attempts to muzzle the speech of conservatives. They are the masters of intolerance.
>>

It sure has not worked here... you are still posting... Faux news is still spouting not fair and not balanced programs.

You are being tolerated but just barely....

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183350 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 12:55 PM
Recommendations: 1
The OP is preposterous. Conservatives won't shut up! And the closest thing to censoring is fact-checking (ref: Limbaugh, Fox, etc). That most of what conservatives say are lies is not the fault of "libs".

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183351 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 12:56 PM
Let me try that again...

The OP is preposterous. Conservatives won't shut up! (ref: Limbaugh, Fox, etc) And the closest thing to censoring is fact-checking. That most of what conservatives say are lies is not the fault of "libs".

(I blame the allergy pills...)

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183352 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 1:15 PM
Yet another example in a "Christian" university. Liberal Christian = oxymoron.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/05/Azusa-Pac...

Azusa Pacific University has blocked students from forming a Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) chapter, which is a project of Young America’s Foundation. Administrators said they are banning the group because they disagree with principles stated on YAF’s national website.

Liberals are so astoundingly tolerant is isn't funny!

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183355 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 1:48 PM
<<
Liberals are so astoundingly tolerant is isn't funny!
>>

Conservatives are so intolerant of liberals intolerance, you would think they would divest themselves of their own.... but no they do not....

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183358 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 2:42 PM
http://boards.fool.com/azusa-pacific-university-has-blocked-...

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183366 of 195936
Subject: Re: Censoring Conservatives Proves Lib Intoleran Date: 10/9/2012 10:47 PM
Recommendations: 8
As usual "Josh" is living in a world of its creation. There has been no banning of the organization.

http://www.apu.edu/media/news/mediaalert/19411/

<snip>

ate last week, an online article inaccurately reported that the university banned a conservative club on campus. We would like to provide some clarification on that issue. The university’s Young Conservative club has been in existence for a number of years. Recently, the club requested to change their name and be formally associated with the Young America’s Foundation (YAF) group. The university instead encouraged the group to keep its membership open to all conservative students.

As an academic institution placing God First in all that we do, we not only welcome open dialogue with political student clubs on our campus, we encourage it as part of the total growth experience of our students. Azusa Pacific supports much of what YAF stands for, including its goal of preserving the U.S. Constitution, its values, and the God-given rights that we are guaranteed in that precious document. However, YAF uses divisive language and embraces some forms of political activism that do not align with who we are as a university.

<end of snip>

I'm not sure where the censorship is. Having experienced first had the YAF in college, they have some upsetting views. Azusa is an Evangelical univeristy - not liberal at all from what I have read. "Josh's" intolerance blinds it.

Charlie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement