UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: edprsky Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 906  
Subject: CFA Study Group L1 - Dec 10 (NJ/NY) Date: 7/13/2010 3:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looking to start a study group for Dec. 10 Level 1 exam around NJ/NYC area. If interested in meeting and learning the materials get in contact with me iceshock78 at yahoo. Looking to begin steady sessions next month

- Ed
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tsunamied Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 892 of 906
Subject: Re: CFA Study Group L1 - Dec 10 (NJ/NY) Date: 7/16/2010 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Kahuna,
I don't mean to be rude, but the CFA has greatly evolved since you took it. The pass rates are less than 40% (and that number comes from those who actually showed up for the exam- when I looked around the room there are substantive percentage who does not). Pass rates were quite different when you wrote it.

Things have changed and I think a study group makes sense.

Victor.

Author: HealthyHedge Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 895 of 906
Subject: Re: CFA Study Group L1 - Dec 10 (NJ/NY) Date: 7/17/2010 10:46 PM
I passed all my levels on the 1st try and I was in a study group for each one. Conclusion under KahunaCFAs logic - study groups are necessary to pass. Matter / Antimatter - the world just imploded on itself.

Good thing that there is no LoS on logic. Study groups are a great way to keep structure in your regimen and hold you accountable for keeping up. While they are not necessary (is anything?) anybody who would discourage doing so is an idiot.

Author: tsunamied Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 896 of 906
Subject: Re: CFA Study Group L1 - Dec 10 (NJ/NY) Date: 7/18/2010 3:43 PM
Fair enough. I thought there was a period where the pass rates were considerably higher. I stand corrected for the period you wrote the exam.

Regards,
Victor.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement