Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JosephArmstrong Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24983  
Subject: CGPI . . Date: 5/11/2004 3:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I noticed CGPI has 'dipped' into the nine dollar area (9.79 I believe). I recall 'emiller8988' predicting this move several weeks ago after the company's earnings release. Has the company settled 'on its floor'? And what is the significance of the "generic" Periostat product produced by IVAX?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: emiller8988 Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17065 of 24983
Subject: Re: CGPI . . Date: 5/11/2004 11:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I continue to follow CGPI and am encouraged by recent results of phase two studies and the intention to move to phase three. I believe another important study from the NCI should be out soon. I think the IVAX news underscores the marketability of low dose dox and the Fed court injunction remains intact. IVAX cannot get a ANDA through. Last info indicates the FDA case will not resolve til '05 if then.

IVAX certainly re-enforces the risk of ownership. The question always is... is the percieved risk greater than the true risk?

The company is cash flow positive, has good research (I am unaware of any other company that has anything resembling an ORAL well tolerated anti-angiogenesis drug moving to phase three) and has a great chance to hold on to the low dose dox patent (see the prior court record referenced in the original post)

On the short term price gyrations. I do think 9 is a great entry point and I'll take 9.5 to start filling out. I was disappointed that order didn't fill today.

CGPI has growing products and a fascinating research program. I just don't see alot of other small semi-undiscovered companies out there with already positive cash flow, profits, and potentially blockbuster research... I'm sure that's because of my own myopia... I would LOVE to have them pointed out

I see loads of cash burning bio-techs w/ great potential. I repeatly tell my children "please don't let great potential deter you from success"

I continue to think CGPI is a great shot and look to filling out in the 9-9.5 range. At a full position it will remain a small portion of my total investment pie.

e

Author: JosephArmstrong Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17067 of 24983
Subject: Re: CGPI . . Date: 5/12/2004 5:01 PM
An interesting rise in valuation of CGPI beginning around 3 this afternoon. Was this another one of those 'rise on no news'? I couldn't find news anywhere.

So . . . 'e' . . . were you able to increase your holdings today around the 9.28 mark? (<<<I continue to think CGPI is a great shot and look to filling out in the 9-9.5 range>>>)

Author: emiller8988 Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17069 of 24983
Subject: Re: CGPI . . Date: 5/12/2004 8:10 PM
a GTC order executed at 9.5 .... strange
made a 10% profit in one trading session... on no news what-so-ever

I have no idea what happened but I got my order where I wanted it and will be delighted if the 9.1 order dies on the vine.

e

Author: mzarrouk Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17220 of 24983
Subject: Re: CGPI . . Date: 6/14/2004 1:57 PM
CGPI sliding to $8.85 (from $12.20 a couple of months ago right after 1Q04 earnings). There are no news; are there any insider activities or other reasons for the near 30% decline of a company with strong financials! Humm...

I hope 2Q numbers will boost the stock back to the $10+ range ($16 is the analysts med. target).

MZ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement