Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rehowes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8418  
Subject: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/19/2002 5:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This thread on Treacherous Translation Traps is amusing:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18010054

Keep it PG please.

Randall
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6157 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/19/2002 6:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Keep it PG please.
===*===

English: Bite me.

To Spanish and back: Bite me.

Then to French and back: F!k me. [well that figures]

Then to German and back: Bite me.

Thence to Italian and back: Bite me.

And lastly to Portuguese and back: Bite me.

Looks perfectly fine to me. WOOT!

Raggmopp

Author: rehowes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6158 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/19/2002 6:27 PM
English: Bite me.

I meant "keep it PG if you post on my board."

Author: KezFromOZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6159 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/19/2002 6:39 PM
Randall,

That is so funny. I gave it a try!

Original Message:
To think I sent a message to a French fool via a translator.
No wonder I didn't receive a reply. hahahaha!

Translated to French:
Pour me penser ai envoyé un message à un imbécile français par l'intermédiaire d'un traducteur. Aucune merveille je n'ai pas reçu un hahahaha de réponse!

Translated back to English:
To think me sent a message to a French imbecile by the intermediary of a translator. No wonder I received a hahahaha answer!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OMG! I wonder what I said to her???????

KËZ

Author: DuckInMyShorts Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6160 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/19/2002 9:40 PM
Original message:
(The Jester Board FAQ:)
Welcome to The Jester Board, a nook of original humor at The Motley Fool. Bluntly, it's a place to write funny stuff and for stuff that can't fit elsewhere on TMF because it's humorous and/or lyrical.

This isn't a board for jokes you got on the Internet. If you want post jokes, go to Humor and Urban Legends. Tell them I sent you. They're nice people over there yet we do something different.

It's a place for writing funny and/or funny writing. The subject matter is your choice and that's about as specific as I can get other than occasionally I or someone else will toss out a challenge such as write TMF's posting policy Elizabethan style or in the manner of instructions for assembly by an Asian bicycle maker. Or Brittney Spears as a reporter on life in Afghanistan. That sort of thing.

Posters having an idea for a challenge are asked to number their initial challenge consecutively to the one preceding it to separate one subject from another. That way we can also use the threaded function if a reader wishes.

Of the three pillars of TMF: Educate, Enrich, and Amuse, this board centers on the last yet also remembers there's many a true word said in jest.

Well, that's about it other than mentioning that I'd like you if you find someone who writes funny to let them know there's The Jester Board.

After all the translations:
Welcomely with the advice the bird of the diversion, a stupid idiot socle too much of the fine-colorful one originates it of the tendency. It is the unexpected place to write to the contented substance and for the substance that not in TMF another one where you adapt you you same the tin, with because she is full lírica tendency and/or. The cover for the jokes is not one, of which they have receipts in the Internet. If the jokes of the tree of the wished activator of the exit, are the tendency and the legend of the city. It says them that it would transmit them. They are pleasant people, here nevertheless, to that we do something of different. It is for a place the contented letter and/or content of the letter. The subjects are as their option and are approximately specific, like the tin to apanhar another one, of that 0ccasionally or qualcun another one of an outer exemplary challenge of élisabéthain or the direction of the instructions for the meeting writes with the policy of the policy in TMF for the startings of an Asian of the jet of the bicycle. Or the creature of livings of entrerroscas of Brittney has taste of him journalist in the Afeganistão. This type of the thing. The manifesto, that one has an idea for a challenge, is invites later to the end that separates to him the end to him to number its challenge of the escape with, of which it precedes it, in the order the subject of the other. In this type we can also use the moved function, if a reader to wish. Of the three trees of the activator of the exit of TMF: If he is informed, you enrich e, of ways of this advice to extremity nevertheless who you do fullfilled that him is laughed that you are repeated service here on the other hand the word the very applicable one, that one you are saying, in the order. Good it is in her, different that, to indicate to this he would appreciate them, if is assembled somebody, that the allegro to the left of them gives the knowledge is the advice here who the bird of the diversion writes.

Duck!

Author: KezFromOZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6161 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 12:08 AM
Duck!

The translation sounded just like you read on ITF.gwaahahahahaha!!!

KËZ

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6162 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 12:14 AM
Good it is in her, different that, to indicate to this he would appreciate them, if is assembled somebody, that the allegro to the left of them gives the knowledge is the advice here who the bird of the diversion writes.

Duck!

Jaysus Murphy, Duck. Where were you when I wrote my business plan? That's good stuff, man. You sure you never wrote insurance policies? Obfustication, Duck's your man. Ever thought of writing for assembly of stuff from Ikea? Whatever you'd do you'd be streets ahead of how to assemble Kransk and avenues ahead of how to put together Blurkl. To say nothing of Grapm.

I am amazed by your writing and all I can say is that you should be in politics.

Your unabashed fan,

MichaelR

Author: KezFromOZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6163 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 12:19 AM
Varied hour stupid idiot of decree only $29,95 of the colleagues, of whom they have many of the friends and the loads of the recovery, the right as hour I have. You have smallcared to person? The then HOUR connects

Sheesh, all I said was:

Original English Text:
Join The Motley Fool now for only $29.95
You will many friends and have loads of fun, just like I am having now.
Do you have a small mind? then join NOW

These translators could get a person into a lotta trouble.
Hmmmmm! Now that could be fun!:o)

KËZ

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6164 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 1:47 AM
Michael Read's immortal the warmth of landladies I have lived through

becomes I totally lived the heat on the proprietors.

That might not be a great business plan, but it sounds like a good mission statement to me.

--fleg

Author: KezFromOZ Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6165 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 6:53 AM
Recommendations: 2
This is the only way I could post this joke & get away with it:o)

New constant sperm cells of the sperm cells recently received instructions in the Design of the teacher. "As soon, because you hear the siren, function for the tunnel and the bath in a straight straight line, until you reached at the entry of a wet cave. At the end of the cave you find a ball, which is red and responsible the egg. Address they and says you, ' I is sperm cells.' It answers, ' I is an egg.' This moment on you co-operates, in order to manufacture the embryo. They form understand?" Tilted sperm cells the head in the confirming. While two days take later sperm cells a small hair, if them hear the siren. It wakes up immediately and runs to the tunnel. A quantity of the bath of sperm cells behind it. It knows it must inside first arrive. If it approaches the entry to the cave, it regards and sees that it is distant before other sperm cells. It can swim and cling in slower distances however that ball-red to approach. If finally it reaches, the Swell, which, it smiles and says, which clings red "Hi, is I sperm!" The responsible smiles ball red and indicates, "Hi. I am tonsil."

Did ya get it? Huh! did ya? huh huh!

KËZ:o)

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6166 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/20/2002 9:41 AM
Recommendations: 2
English

I pulled my snake out in the men's room to ream the john

Spanish

I projected my tail in the zone of the men, for me: I am of the package of Juan

Paul T.

Author: KYHAWKEYE Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6257 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 134-1/4 Date: 10/31/2002 9:32 AM
I gave it a try. Being a big Broadway muscial fan, I chose

"The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain"

I got: Rain in Spain continues being pricipalmente the level.

Just doesn't quite have the same musical quality... ;)

KY Hawkeye

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement