Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (81) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8418  
Subject: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In this challenge, folks are asked to create slogans for things.....you know, those little cues that we are supposed to associate with various brands, like;

"AOL, so easy to use, no wonder it's number 1"

....to which MSN responds with:

"MSN; more useful every day".

Now, in this challenge you are to come up with slogans that tell it like it really is.

I start by resisting the "low hanging fruit" offered by AOL and MSN and choose instead.........the D.C. Metro!

The slogan is:

"Metro; we regret the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience"

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Bonhoeffer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 83 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, there's the perennial "Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore," but this board is supposed to be original humor, right?

How bout this one...

Microsoft Windows: We'll crush that last bit of hope you were clinging to that technology could make your life easier.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 84 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:25 PM
Recommendations: 2
Baltimore: The City That Breeds!

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 85 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:30 PM
Eureka Vacuum Cleaners: We REALLY suck!!

DIMP

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:33 PM
American Tobacco Co.
"We make the products you're dying for."

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hummer Motor Cars
"Nothing Exceeds Like Excess"

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 88 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:44 PM
Baltimore: The City That Breeds!

Philadelphia: The City That Shoves You Back.

-Terry

Author: redsavina Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 89 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 2:51 PM
"America Online: Where email attachments go to die"

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:01 PM
"America Online: Where email attachments go to die"

TMF Full Service Brokers: Churning Together.

-Terry ;-)

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:03 PM
America Online: When a real ISP just won't do...

DIMP

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:09 PM
Recommendations: 5
Arthur Anderson: Giving new meaning to "Unqualified Audit Opinion"

-Terry

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:13 PM
Enron:
"Quit Yer Bitchin', It's Only Money"

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:17 PM
Recommendations: 11
Afghanistan:
"Rushing Headlong Into The 12th Century"

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 96 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:22 PM
Smith Barney:
"We Make Money The Old Fashioned Way, Margin Interest."

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 97 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:26 PM
Recommendations: 4
Paramount Television:
"You can watch any show you want...as long as it's Star Trek"

DIMP

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:36 PM
The History Channel
"All World War II, All The Time."

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:36 PM
CNN:
"Good Looking Anchors, Not Much Else."

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:37 PM
HGTV:
"When you just can't stand your own house."

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 101 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:38 PM
Fox News:
"The National Enquirer Of The Air"

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:39 PM
CSPAN2:
"TWICE as boring as CSAN, for the same price!"

Author: mmullikin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:41 PM
Moosehead:
"It's not just a great beer, it's a felony!"

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:42 PM
E!:
"Featuring the latest in censoring/pixelating technology!"

DIMP

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 105 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:44 PM
The Weather Channel:
"Featuring your favorite pregnant weather forecasters"

DIMP

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:44 PM
The Catholic Church:
"We're looking for a few good boys.

Author: klash Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 107 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:45 PM
Firestone Tires: We Get You on the Road.

Klash

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 108 of 8418
The Mormon Church:
"We're looking for a few good Osmonds."

DIMP

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 109 of 8418
Recommendations: 7

Abstinence: Its like sex, only different.

Diane

Author: lserrin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:46 PM
Recommendations: 70
Improve The Fool: We're not just taking ideas, we're taking names.

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 111 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:48 PM
"Welcome to Tennessee. Just like Kentucky, but with a few more DNA!"

DIMP

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 112 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:49 PM
"Welcome to Michigan: Where 'Toyota' is a four-letter word"

DIMP

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:51 PM
Recommendations: 3
Welcome to Pennsylvania: Road Construction Next 359 Miles.

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 114 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:51 PM
New Jersey: It's Still Free to Get In!

-Terry

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:53 PM
"Welcome to Georgia. And you thought 'Deliverance' was fiction?"

DIMP

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 3:59 PM

The X Files - who da thunk we'd miss Duchovny?

Diane

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:02 PM

Thoroughbred Racing - where men with pituitary problems can whip majestic animals for the sake of desperate souls risking their Social Security checks

(ok ... so its a bit long-winded ... sue me) :-)

Diane

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:04 PM
Spam - As delicious as it is gelatinous.

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 122 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:09 PM
Zoloft - take it and you too can feel like a cartoon "Tribble"

Diane

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 123 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:09 PM
The Discovery Channel:
"Featuring the best of British reality TV"

DIMP

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 124 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:12 PM
Maybelline:
"Put This On Your Lashes And You'll Look Like Our Model"

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:13 PM
Recommendations: 6
The Ab Roller:
"Yes, You Do Look That Stupid"

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:14 PM
The Jerry Lewis Telethon:
"I Make A Killing On These Things"

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:15 PM
Victoria's Secret:
"Ain't no way your wife or girlfriend is gonna look like this!"

DIMP

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 128 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:15 PM
PBS:
"Hey Mister, You Got Any Spare Change?"

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 129 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:17 PM
Teletubbies:
"We only use 4 story lines!"

DIMP

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:18 PM
The Late Show with David Letterman - Koppelating without protection

Diane

Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 131 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:18 PM
Teletubbies:

Teletubbies:
Creating gay toddlers since 1902

Author: DennisGraf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:19 PM
we're taking names

Please, don't put my name on any list I can't handle the junk mail I get now.

Oh! hey /// um...

How did I get here..

Dennis

Author: DIANAGRAMR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:20 PM
Amtrak - anybody want a slightly used fleet of Acelas?

Diane

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:20 PM
Teletubbies:

Teletubbies:
Creating gay toddlers since 1902

Teletubbies:
For toddlers that can't handle reality.

DIMP

Author: CaveGirl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 135 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:21 PM
Recommendations: 19
The Motley Fool: Enhancing your web experience one suspension at a time.

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 136 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:21 PM
Amtrak:
"We'll get you there....rails permitting!"

DIMP

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 137 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:23 PM
The Motley Fool:
"The Number TWO internet time-waster in American corporations!"

DIMP

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 138 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:24 PM
Fool.com:
Confuse, Diminish, Kvetch

Author: mmullikin Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 139 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:27 PM
Recommendations: 9
K-Mart: Damn you Sam Walton, damn you to hell!!!

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:28 PM
Animal Planet:
"Watch blithering idiots hug dangerous animals!"

DIMP

Author: halonhalig Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 141 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:28 PM
Jergen's: Cause boy will be boys

halon

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:29 PM
MicroSoft:
"Who do you want to assimilate today?"

DIMP

Author: UncleLee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:37 PM
Enron:

"Energy solutions for the poor, the destitute, the huddled masses."

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 144 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:40 PM
The Royal Army of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:

"Seeking the brightest and most ambitious to serve our country...jews and women need not apply."

DIMP

Author: Ocontrair Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 146 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:48 PM
NASCAR RACING:

"Where the slowest beer-soaked fans can watch others die fast!"

*JR*

Author: CaveGirl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 147 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:50 PM
Fool.com

Intimidate, Alienate, Eradicate

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 148 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 4:51 PM
Mercedes-Benz:

"Only the goofiest advertising for our dignified cars will do."

DIMP

Author: Ocontrair Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 150 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 5:36 PM
Berkshire-Hathaway:
"Buy and Hold,and hold,and hold....and hold....and...h-h-h-old....and...
huh-huh-huh (COUGH,GASP,WHEEEEEZE) h-h-h-o-o-o-o-o-o-o.........GAAAAHCK!

*JR*

Author: Ocontrair Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 5:41 PM
U.S.Postal Service:
"Go Postal First Class!"

*JR*

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 152 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 5:45 PM
Microsoft:
"Dividends? We don't need no steekin' dividends!!"

DIMP

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 153 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 5:49 PM
Microsoft: Our Unchecked Buffers ARE Open-Standard!

-Terry

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 154 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 5:56 PM
VH1 - Being hip isn't everything

Author: Ascalon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 158 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 6:55 PM
Economy class:
"When comfort, pleasure and deep vein thrombosis are not issues--Bon Voyage!"

Author: Ascalon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 159 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 6:59 PM
McDonald's:
"Clowning with food in a business full of clowns."

Author: fiatowner Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 165 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 7:45 PM
Mmm, Mmm, Gruel;

Mmm, Mmm, Gruel;

That's what Campbell's Soups are;

Mmm, Mmm, Gruel.

Fiat

Author: rehowes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 167 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/5/2002 7:57 PM
The Internal Revenue Service: We're F...F...F...Frien <snort> Friend <sknxx> Friend...

CUT!!

Once more time. The word is "Friendlier."

IRS public service announcement, take 96.

Action!

The Intern <hee hhe> al...

CUT!!

<sigh> Can't they pay us by the hour?

Randall

Author: foolishjk Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 197 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 6:35 AM
Welcome to Pennsylvania: Road Construction Next 359 Miles.

LOL! That one's at least as old as I am. And I'm not sayin'. ;-)

Foolishjk

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 6:40 AM
LOL! That one's at least as old as I am. And I'm not sayin'. ;-)

I've seen variations of it but never quite that wording.

-Terry

Author: foolishjk Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 201 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 7:56 AM
I've seen variations of it but never quite that wording.

I've actually seen that wording, but the last time was before widespread use of email, when these things used to circulate by photocopy. Imagine! :-)

Foolishjk

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 203 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 9:12 AM
"The Ford Explorer, for your 'offroad' adventures......"

Author: norationalbasis Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 12:48 PM
Obviously slogans such as Educate, Amuse and Enrich; "Learning Together"; and "Fool On" have to be revisited every once in a while. Let's offer some suggestions"

Based on some of the TMF antics:

The Motley Fool: To Eradicate, Alienate, and Enrage.

--------------------------------------------------------

But let's not forget the poster's part in this:

"Whining together"

--------------------------------------------------------

And of course the famous "sign" off

"Fool on"..."Over to another web site you ingrateful baster..."

All in jest, of course.

Author: jbisme Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 230 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 1:30 PM
To Eradicate, Abuse and Inflict.

JB

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 296 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/6/2002 5:23 PM
Recommendations: 9
"The Ford Explorer....let's roll!"

Author: ChoadaBoy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 362 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/7/2002 11:55 AM
Ford: Where quality is job 1....and putting out the fires is job 2.

Author: BitFoolish Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 815 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/11/2002 2:45 AM
Microsoft: Your passwords are safe with us. After you apply security patch 101, 102, 103... 1001.

Microsoft: It use to be the phone company knew everything!

Enron: Your government working to make a buck!

Republicans: The democrats aren't the only one that want to bang everyone!

Oh please stop me...

Oprah Magazine: You've got the books, now get the reviews!

CIA: Where's the beef! Don't get it? Check the code book.

The Street: Life's hard lessons are learned on the street (http://www.thestreet.com/).

Enough == Enough

(c) Copyright BitFoolish 2002 - All Rights Reserved.

Author: MarleysGhost Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1478 of 8418
Subject: Re: Challenge 5: Slogans Date: 3/14/2002 8:30 PM
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

Service is our last name.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (81) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement