Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was referred to this folder by TMFVenus at "Ask a Folish Question". I am a state employee nearing rtirement (3 years)who has an IRA through the state which n't be touch d until I retire. On my own, I also own two mutual funds from the same company, one is an IRA, the other is not. These two funds are not performing that well. II wish to sell them (no penalties involved) and purchase a diversified group of funds. What is the best way to do this that will cause the least financial pain?

I realize stocks have been outperforming funds but I have neither the skill, expertise or time to keep an up-to-date stock portfolio. I have been looking at a growth and income portfolio which is less volatile than others as I near retirement. I am looking forward to an answer as I am in the
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.