UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jfruhbauer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 31150  
Subject: Channel liner? Date: 5/3/2005 6:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We have a channel leading from our small backyard patio (where the rain barrel and downspout are) to a dry-bed (which hasn't been dry lately!).

Anyway, I haven't lined anything yet (was planning on doing so with landscape fabric), we just finished digging it out last weekend, but the channel is now a mini-Grand Canyon.

The one in the front that I dug out last year doesn't have such a channel, so I haven't had erosion problems, but now I am thinking this new channel will have some.

The channel is about 14 feet long - do you think that landscape fabric and fist-sized rocks on top will be enough to contain the erosion? If not, what else could I do?

Thanks,

Jennifer
Print the post Back To Top
Author: riverlad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17563 of 31150
Subject: Re: Channel liner? Date: 5/4/2005 8:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
An easy (and cheap!) solution would be to slit a few heavy-duty black plastic trash bags, fold them double lengthwise and use the to line the channel, overlapping by about a quarter their length. Then, cover them with rocks and you're all set.

Author: wesking Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17564 of 31150
Subject: Re: Channel liner? Date: 5/4/2005 8:45 AM
It should..... the bigger rip rap rocks you can get the better, I'd say. Over a few years it's gonna start filling in with silt and you will have to weed it out but the fabric should help for the first year or so.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement