UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ISObliss Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308782  
Subject: charge offs/unpaid 7 years debt...what to do? Date: 7/6/2000 11:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Received a copy of my credit report from Experian yesterday, (I had to find out why Victoria's Secret denied me an 'Angel Card').
Needless to say the sight of the report is depressing.
The never ending credit problems, I've been depressed for over 7 years. Haven't had credit cards since '90. Thank heaven for debit cards.

The dollar figures are not the problem, it is the fact that the items listed on the report are very old, most of it unpaid.

It is now over 7 years later...I can pay the debt back, but now that it is "charged off", "written off" or with a 3rd party, what do I do?
Will it clean up my report or put me in a better credit standing if I pay all the charge offs?
Can I pay the original creditor or do I have to pay the 3rd party collector?
Should I go to the CCCC with this problem? Could they help?
What a learning experience.

Please help me...I am

ISObliss
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement