Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but I did a quick search and looked at the FAQ and couldn't find a specific answer.

I know that for charitable contributions in excess of $250, a receipt is needed.

However, what if you make multiple contributions over the course of the year to the same charity and while each is less than $250, the aggregate total is over $250. Would you still have to produce individual receipts for each contribution? Or could just enter each one separately on your tax form, such as:
Heifer International - May - $100
Heifer International - Jul - $100
Heifer International - Oct - $100

Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.