Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I went on a trip this year for humanitarian aid, and have a license from the US Treasury Dept that allowed me to go (and also is proof of the mission). Most of the travel costs were paid for through donations from others, and I understand my incidentals for the trip are tax deductible on my return.

I also used 5 of my vacation days to go on this trip. Is there any way to get a tax deduction for my vacation time?

The trip was so valuable to me personally that it really doesn't matter either way, but I thought it was worth asking just in case.

I plan to go back later this month, all prayers and any other tax advice would be appreciated!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.