Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: msdph Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Charity deductions Date: 2/5/2001 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Re: charitable monetary donations----how much are you allowed to deduct without having to complete a schedule or provide any other support information?

Re: clothing, furniture, toys, etc. donations...how much ($dollar value) are you allowed to deduct without having to complete a schedule?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tsouth Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45696 of 121219
Subject: Re: Charity deductions Date: 2/5/2001 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You have to itemize your deductions on a Schedule A to deduct any type of charitable donation. If your donated goods exceeded $500 in value, you will need to file a Form 8283.

I highly recommend that you have supporting documentation (receipts, or at least copies of checks) for any donations you intend to deduct, in case of audit. You should keep these receipts with a copy of your taxes for your personal files.

Best of Luck,

Teresa

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45979 of 121219
Subject: Re: Charity deductions Date: 2/8/2001 4:06 PM
$500 per organization donated to?

Or $500, divided among the charities.
For example, 2 charities at $250 each?

Thanks!

Louise

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement