Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39756  
Subject: Charity Game in Metro-Detroit Date: 12/5/2012 11:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A bunch of Detroit Red Wing alumni will be playing a bunch of cops to benefit the family of fallen West Bloomfield Police Officer Patrick O'Rourke at the Compuware Sports Arena (Beck Rd. near M-14 in Plymouth) on Friday, Dec. 21, 2012. Tickets are $20, signed game-worn sweaters will be auctioned off and all proceeds go to the Patrick O'Rourke Family Trust. One of the guys from my department (not me!) will be playing. Players already signed up to play include:

Joe Kocur
Chris Osgood
Kris Draper
Darren McCarty
Dino Ciccarelli
Kirk Maltby
Igor Larionov
Chris Chelios (not listed but WILL be playing says my inside source!)
and more!

It's not the NHL, but it's hockey and it's for a good cause. If you're interested (and in the area obviously) sign up quick as tickets are going fast!

http://joekocurhockey.eventbrite.com/#
Print the post Back To Top
Author: delraydella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37075 of 39756
Subject: Re: Charity Game in Metro-Detroit Date: 12/5/2012 9:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nice!

There's something similar going on across the river in Windsor, an NHLPA charity game to benefit childrens cancer research.

Some of the players involved...With 37 NHLers already suiting up, including Red Wings Jimmy Howard, Johan Franzen, Todd Bertuzzi and Niklas Kronwall and Toronto Maple Leafs Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi and John-Michael Liles, as well as other NHL stars such as Keith Yandle of the Phoenix Coyotes, Thomas Vanek of the Sabres and James Neal of the Pittsburgh Penguins, not to mention local heroes like former Spitfires Kyle Wellwood (Winnipeg) and Michael Leighton (Philadelphia), as well as Windsor’s Matt Martin (New York Islanders) and Ryan Wilson (Colorado) and Amherstburg’s Kevin Westgarth (Los Angeles), the list is impressive.

Here's a link to The Windsor Stars article...http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/12/04/duff-ott-helps-bring...

The W.F.C.U. centre is a beautiful place to watch a hockey game! The parking lot was designed by morons, but that's a different story!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement