Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
very sad news.

He has been a favorite of mine for a very long time....

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564

cliff
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I am tremendously sad over this news. He was a good TMF friend, and such a wonderful man.

:-( Charlie
I will miss Charles (crobinso) immensely. His passion for the Lord lifted my spirits on a number of occasions.

Rest in peace, brother Charles. We'll all meet again one day!
This is very sad news.
I did not know he had been ill.

Bill
No. of Recommendations: 2
"I will miss Charles (crobinso) immensely. His passion for the Lord lifted my spirits on a number of occasions.

Rest in peace, brother Charles. We'll all meet again one day! "

Amen. The light of God shone through Charles, in this place.

God bless,

Rich
What sad, sad news ...... I will miss his sweetness and forthrightness.

I think I will send an email to his MF account and hope that his wife will get it.

Any other suggestions?

Robyn
Hey Robyn and Everyone Else,

I recognize some of the names, but some of y'all may not recognize me.

First, please forgive me for jumping in on your board un-announced.

Second, thank you Cliff for posting this message about Charles and telling me about the thread!

Third, I will do my best to "lurk" here and keep up with the posts so that I can share them later with Karen, but I may not be able to respond to every post because I'm getting so many e-mails already.

I think I will send an email to his MF account and hope that his wife will get it.

Any other suggestions?

Yes. Karen said she will not be checking Charles' e-mail until next week after things settle down a bit for her. So, if you do send an e-mail to Charles' e-mail addy, she may not respond right away.

However, as I already told Cliff, I will be collecting and forwarding any snail-mail for Karen. If y'all want my address, either e-mail me or Cliff Offline...I gave him my address...and I'll make sure Karen gets everything sent her way.

Bill a.k.a. ßillƒ

Am e-mailing and posting this so you'll have my e-mail addy Robyn
I posted on the original BBQ thread. If you could simply forward the entire thread, it would be great.

Hugs and kisses to Karen.

Katinga
No. of Recommendations: 4
How very sad. The Motley Fool family gets smaller again. I hope he found pleasure here and on the other boards on which I would run across him, and I hope his family is comforted somewhat by the knowledge that people across the country feel his loss tonight and will for some time.

Moonglade
No. of Recommendations: 3
I will miss Charles. His heart shone through these boards as if he were in the room with me.

I am praying for comfort for his family and friends. I'm also rejoicing that tonight his suffering is finished. He can finally rest in the arms of his Lord - no more suffering, no more aching, no more darkness.

God bless you my brother. You brought Jesus to this place and left more than you took.

May light perpetual shine upon him.

Love,
b
No. of Recommendations: 3
This is such, such sad news. I think all of us in here are in shock about this, and in disbelief that we won't have more of his insights and humour to enjoy!

I've been thinking about him, Cowhoney, and His Delight. I sent HD off an e-mail, letting her know about Charles, if she didn't know already.

Cowhoney, if you're out there, I miss you on these boards. There's so many things about you that remind me of home and my upbringing......I always look forward to your posts.

HD, please let us know how you're getting on. I know you've had so many challenges lately........don't be a stranger!

Deep Blessings and regards to each and every one of my Brothers and Sisters here. Until we meet in The Lord's bosum!

Fly2Retire
No. of Recommendations: 0
I posted on the original BBQ thread. If you could simply forward the entire thread, it would be great.

Hugs and kisses to Karen.

Katinga

Yes I will. I'm doing my best to collect all the threads and posts so that I can share them with Karen.

ßillƒ
I am sad to hear this news. He was always a classy man - and I respected him a great deal.

I pray his family and loved ones will take comfort in their memories and in knowing that he is no long in any pain.

Kas
cliff,

He has been a favorite of mine for a very long time....

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564

Oops....

I somehow lost track of the fact that I had clicked through your link when I posted http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25249777 on the other board. I intended my comment about missing Charles's posts to pertain to his posts on this board....

Norm.
Hey Norm,

Oops....

I somehow lost track of the fact that I had clicked through your link when I posted http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25249777 on the other board. I intended my comment about missing Charles's posts to pertain to his posts on this board....

I don't think Charles will mind. He was loved on both boards for his contributions and for his love of his family and God.

From what I've been reading on many boards, the outpouring of love in these posts for Charles say the same thing. I can't imagine anyone complaining that a post about Charles is on the "wrong" board regardless of who posted it.

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 10
Hey Fly , :-)Sweetie I was stunned by your message but deeply appreciative that you thought to let me know.

Wasn't supposed to happen....... :-( I can hear Charles bellowing to me, "Who says??? Don't even think about getting me out of here!!"
That would be Charles. He'll be deeply missed. Funny, in early Feb. I was thinking of asking if he was ready for Valentine's Day. I didn't but wish I had.:-( The stroke should have taught me not to wait
Yeah there are developments on me but they're not important right now. Maybe tomorrow, Or tonight.

love you all,
Pam

Pam, so good to see you here, even though it's under these circumstances. Again, don't be a stranger!

F2R
I recognize the name. You can still see his posts, ending on Jan 14.

The hard part about growing older is that more of your friends start dying.

The hard part about death is that it comes first to those around you.

I've heard of a few Fools passing on over the years. One I remember particularly was Annie (I've lost the last part of her name).

Somebody might set up a roster, a memorial, called something like "Silent Keyboards". (The amateur radio fraternity's roll is called "Silent Keys" (from the Morse Code keys of th early days.)

(rigoletto39:)I recognize the name. You can still see his posts, ending on Jan 14.

The hard part about growing older is that more of your friends start dying.

Bill

Hey rigoletto39,

I'll add your comments to Charles' BBQ Fools page in a few mins...

Somebody might set up a roster, a memorial, called something like "Silent Keyboards".

I suppose if there were enough interest, I could do something like this with a Foolish site I've already started...

www.TheMotleyFools.com

I'd welcome any and all comments and suggestions as to how this should/could be done if any of y'all wanna e-mail me Offline.

Hey Wradical,

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25265977&sort=whole

Thank you for posting Charles' obituary here and for letting me know about it!

BTW, I did add the info to his BBQ Fools page...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

...and have been collecting Fool's posts for Karen to see.

Hey Robyn,

I added a message to the guest book and pray that Mrs. Robinson will be blessed by each outpouring of love.

I've talked with Karen a couple of times now and she is feeling very blessed knowing that some many Fools loved and admired Charles. It's giving her a lot of comfort right now...And probably will for a long time to come.

ßillƒ
Advertisement