Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (47) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 82098  
Subject: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 243
I just spoke with Charles' wife Karen and she informed me that Charles passed away after a lengthy stay in the hospital. His kidneys were shutting down, his lungs were full of fluid and he had an infection that the MDs couldn't cure.

The MDs did the best that they could for him, but Karen said that God must have had other plans for Charles.

Services will be this Saturday, but the Obituary will not be published until this Friday in the Washington Post. Since the WP requires a subscription to read the obituaries, I have signed-up for an account and will check them daily until I find his notice. I will then share any info that's included.

Obviously Karen was a bit distraught and it was hard for her talking about these past few weeks, so I wasn't able to get a whole lot of info other than what she was already sharing with me.

She had lots of family, friends and co-workers helping her financially with the costs of the hospital hotel room and said she only ended up paying for one night herself.

She says she hasn't checked Charles' e-mail accounts yet, but will do that next week after everything settles down a bit. She was so worried that she wouldn't be able to tell his TMF Friends what happened, but was so relieved when I called today knowing that his friends would finally know.

Please, pass along this info to any boards you regularly read where Charles was also a poster.

ßillƒ
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chezjohn Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35779 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 5
Oh No. I'm so sorry to hear that ... Charles was a very unique character ... I will miss him. Rest In Peace, Charles.

Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35780 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the info, Bill.

This is very sad news indeed.

I hope the obit will include an on-line Remeberence Book.

SB (Fellow Big-Mercury Lover)

Author: tootru Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35781 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:33 PM
Oh dear. Charles was a good guy.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please express my sympathy to Karen if/when you contact her again.

t.

Author: blueberryhill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35782 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:47 PM
Recommendations: 3
Chez, Charles won't get any rest. He will be in charge of the bbq'ing in heaven.

Blue

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35784 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
Oh, how very sad.

I so remember his enthusiasm in so many of his posts.

~~ Alison, sadly

Author: Chapman208 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35785 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 3:09 PM
That's so sad. Charles seemed like a great, fun-loving guy, with a terrific sense of humor. He'll be greatly missed here on TMF, as I'm sure he will be in the real world.

Mark.

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35786 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 3:13 PM
Recommendations: 4
*doofus me*

I was upset when I spoke with Karen and forgot to ask for her address and the funeral home info.

I will be collecting cards to forward to her. I do not feel comfortable sharing her address with Fools I may not know, but if y'all e-mail me Offline, I will give you my address and will forward anything sent here to her.

The funeral home info is:

Henry S. Washington & Sons Co., Inc.
4925 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave Ne
Washington DC 20019
(202) 398-6700

www.usafuneralhomesonline.com/funeralhomesbystate/washingtondcfuneralhomes/washingtondcfuneraldirectors.html

I just called them to ask if they have a web site, the lady said yes, but she doesn't know the URL. I'll have to call back again tomorrow to get that info.

ßillƒ

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35787 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 3:16 PM
Hey t,

Please express my sympathy to Karen if/when you contact her again.

I sure will.

I forgot to ask...If any of y'all post a thread about Charles on another board, would you please send me the link and I'll collect the replies for Karen.

Thanks!

ßillƒ

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35794 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 3:58 PM
post a thread about Charles

Here are Charles' top 99-recced posts:

http://boards.fool.com/LastPosts.asp?limit=99&submit=Go&uid=31064004&byrecs=y

~~ Alison

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35795 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 5:04 PM
:((

Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35796 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 5:13 PM
Bill,

I just spoke with Charles' wife Karen and she informed me that Charles passed away after a lengthy stay in the hospital. His kidneys were shutting down, his lungs were full of fluid and he had an infection that the MDs couldn't cure.

The MDs did the best that they could for him, but Karen said that God must have had other plans for Charles.

Services will be this Saturday, but the Obituary will not be published until this Friday in the Washington Post. Since the WP requires a subscription to read the obituaries, I have signed-up for an account and will check them daily until I find his notice. I will then share any info that's included.

Obviously Karen was a bit distraught and it was hard for her talking about these past few weeks, so I wasn't able to get a whole lot of info other than what she was already sharing with me.

She had lots of family, friends and co-workers helping her financially with the costs of the hospital hotel room and said she only ended up paying for one night herself.

She says she hasn't checked Charles' e-mail accounts yet, but will do that next week after everything settles down a bit. She was so worried that she wouldn't be able to tell his TMF Friends what happened, but was so relieved when I called today knowing that his friends would finally know.

Please, pass along this info to any boards you regularly read where Charles was also a poster.

I'm sorry to here this, but thank you for passing it along. Charles always had something thoughtful to add to the discussion on this board. I'm sure that I'm far from the only one who will miss his contributions.

Norm.

Author: kevian Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35799 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 6:22 PM
That's incredibly sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Kevian

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35801 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 6:38 PM
A true gentleman has passed.

As I recall, he would refer to me as Katinga-san, the only time my African nom de plume got mixed up with a Japanese article. But that showed his sense of humor, knowing that I was bilingually African, but not genetically so.

May God say, "Well done." But not BBQ-wise.

Katinga

Author: WileyWildcat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35806 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 7:58 PM
Recommendations: 11
Dear friends,
May we remember Charles with great fondness in our hearts and add him to the honorary list of special fool family members that have gone on before him.
Charles was a man with a strong sense of humor and kindness, a family member to all of us on the Q board. We will miss him.

Charles Robinson,

Colonel & MawMaw,

Kindleness, Our Q Family in heaven.

Biker Mike,

Illinois Gem,

Grace and Peace,
Miz Wiley

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35811 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 8:16 PM
Please express my condolences to Mrs. Robinson and family members, too, Bill. Charles was always pleasant, courteous and informed and always shared what he knew or leaned - A real gentleman.

Bob

Author: Fly2Retire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35815 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/5/2007 8:39 PM
Charles, you will be missed. TMF was better for having you here! God deeply and richly bless your family and loved ones!

Regards,

Fly2Retire

Author: corse Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35821 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 4:35 AM
May he rest in peace

corse

Author: Bkeepr100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35822 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 7:44 AM

He will bee missed...on every board that he contributed to.

GrievingB-man

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35825 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 9:02 AM
Charles seemed like a real good fellow, and I always enjoyed reading his posts here on the BBQ Fools board. May he rest in peace.

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35830 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 9:56 AM
Charles is one of the really good guys. I'll miss him.

I think he wanted me to have his BBQ.

sano

Author: bundoriyagyu Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35833 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:08 AM
A true gentleman has passed.

I couldn't agree more. Charles was always helpful to me whenever I had to make some tough choices. His wise counsel and good friendship helped me see some things as they were, no matter how difficult that was. He even helped me to overlook some really bad manners on the part of some people on another board(remaining nameless forevermore)and continue to lurk there and occasionally post. I shall miss him. I consider his loss on a par with that of the colonel, and that is high praise indeed for those of you who knew the colonel.

A true spiritual gentleman has gone before us.

bundori

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35838 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:16 AM

LOL...Too late, I've claimed it already and Karen agreed. ;-)

ßillƒ

Author: chezjohn Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35840 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:27 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man, Charles was sure excited when he got that big new smoker. He sure was passionate about his barbecue ... not that you wouldn't be a worthy recipient, sano, but I'm thinkin' Charles' church might find good use for that big smoker ... church suppers, picnics & whatnot??

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35841 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:41 AM

LOL...Too late, I've claimed it already and Karen agreed. ;-)

:-)

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35842 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:49 AM
Man, Charles was sure excited when he got that big new smoker. He sure was passionate about his barbecue ... not that you wouldn't be a worthy recipient, sano, but I'm thinkin' Charles' church might find good use for that big smoker ... church suppers, picnics & whatnot??

And then ChezJohn has to come in and bring us back down to Earth and act all responsible again. I bet Charles was laughing at us fighting over his goodies though. ;-)

Seriously though, you're right that the church would benefit a lot more than any of us would.

ßillƒ

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35843 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 10:49 AM
Man, Charles was sure excited when he got that big new smoker.

I swear you are soo right.. you could just feel the excitement vibrating through his posts when he talked about it... and what was really cool was that he was looking forward to pleasing other people with it...

not that you wouldn't be a worthy recipient, sano, but I'm thinkin' Charles' church might find good use for that big smoker

Yep. They'll be churning up up some holy smoke on Charles' BBQ.

Now that is a very cool legacy!

WTG Charles!

Author: Bonhoeffer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35844 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 11:09 AM
He was truly a fine human being. This news brought a tear to my eye.

Farwell, Charles. Go in peace.

Author: straitarrow Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35845 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 11:18 AM
Charles was a kind man with a fine sense of humor.
I will always remember that he wisely and diplomatically responded to my very first post on the Fool a number of years ago.

(my long post)
".........Comments are welcomed but not too much technical and financial criticism please."
--------------------------------

"Okay, not too much. Having a feel-good experience with a company is not a sufficient reason to buy stock in it."
Charles

--------------------------------

Thank you Charles for that simple but extremely sound advice.
We will miss you.
May you rest in peace!

straitarrow

Author: chezjohn Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35847 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 11:47 AM
Recommendations: 7
I knew you boys would agree. Now, it's not our decision to make, but if his wife *does* decide to give the smoker to their church ... I'll put up the first $20 to have a nice ingraved bronze plaque made, to be attached to the smoker ... so his memory will be acknowledged whenever it's used. Anyone else wanna chip in?

Also, I am going to *nominate* Charles for a Smoky Angel Award. You guys can read about it here: http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/smokyangel.html

Bill, if you would email me Charles' address, I'll get the award & pin sent out today. Thanks.

Chez

Author: jiminica Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35848 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 12:45 PM
I am going to miss Charles, and his insightful comments. Please let the family know that they are in my prayers.

Nica.

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35849 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 12:54 PM
Hey Chez,

Now, it's not our decision to make, but if his wife *does* decide to give the smoker to their church ... I'll put up the first $20 to have a nice ingraved bronze plaque made, to be attached to the smoker ... so his memory will be acknowledged whenever it's used.

Wonderful Idea!! I'm in!

Bill, if you would email me Charles' address, I'll get the award & pin sent out today.

Sure enough...I'll send that in just a min.

ßillƒ

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35850 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 1:04 PM
Recommendations: 2
Henry S. Washington & Sons Co., Inc.
4925 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave NE
Washington DC 20019
(202) 398-6700

I just called them to ask if they have a web site, the lady said yes, but she doesn't know the URL. I'll have to call back again tomorrow to get that info.

OK, I just called them again and they said they do not have a web site. *sigh*

BTW, after looking through the Washington Post again today, I see that they do provide a guestbook with their obituary listings. But again, as I found out yesterday, an account is needed to access these listings.

When I see his entry (supposedly Friday), I will link to it here.

ßillƒ

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35851 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 1:31 PM
I glanced at his last 10 posts. His last was mid January.

A few down from that was a message in which he mentioned that he will turn 52 this April.

He was taken way too early.

We will miss you Charles :(

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35852 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 1:48 PM
Also, I am going to *nominate* Charles for a Smoky Angel Award. You guys can read about it here: http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/smokyangel.html

That is such a wonderful idea!!!!

I'm so glad someone thought to start that site, and I'm so glad you thought of Charles.

Author: chezjohn Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35856 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 2:24 PM
Recommendations: 4
Charles is now in the BBQ Smoky Angel Hall Of Fame. His pin went out in the mail today ... his wife should receive it in a couple of days.

http://www.dannysbbq.com/angel.aspx

Author: photon99 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35857 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 2:25 PM
Karen,

We are so sorry to lose Charles. He was a wonderfully friendly, sensitive man, and we will miss him, too. You and your family will be in our prayers at this sad, sad time.

photon

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35859 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 3:00 PM
I'd also like to donate for the engraved plaque for Charles' smoker. Where do I send a check?

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35865 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/6/2007 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 6
Charles is now in the BBQ Smoky Angel Hall Of Fame. His pin went out in the mail today ... his wife should receive it in a couple of days.

www.dannysbbq.com/angel.aspx

I just spoke with Karen and informed her about the Smoky Angel Award. She was in tears as I was telling her how much Charles is loved by his TMF Friends and all the outpouring of love on all these boards.

I also told her that we'd like to make an offer to have a bronze plaque mounted on his smoker so that if she passes it along to a family member, friend, their church, or whomever, that he'll always be remembered every time the smoker is put into use. Obviously she hasn't thought about the smoker with everything else she's dealing with right now, but she was pleased to know we wanted to do something special for Charles. She'll let me know after she has time to think about this what she wants done.

I am also going to start collecting posts and adding them to his page...

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

...for Karen to start reading now. Since she won't be checking his e-mail for a while, I want her to be able to see just how much Charles is loved and will be missed.

So far I have links to the following boards:

77's Foolish House of Pigskin - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248618&sort=whole

Baby Boomers - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248745&sort=whole

BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248564&sort=whole

Buying and Maintaining a Car - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248573&sort=whole

Christian Fools - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248738&sort=whole

Computer & Video Gamers - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25250819

Current Events - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248854&sort=whole

Humor and Urban Legends - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248635&sort=whole

Major League Baseball - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25248649&sort=whole

Skunks - http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25249174&sort=whole

If any of y'all know of any I've missed, please e-mail them to me. TIA!!

ßillƒ

Author: Fly2Retire Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35876 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 11:49 AM
Bill, you're the best! Charles also hung out at Gwen's Pub. Hope this helps!

Fly2Retire

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35878 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 1:08 PM
Hey Fly2Retire,

Charles also hung out at Gwen's Pub. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Added it to my collection and will work on their thread later.

*gotta go run errands now*

ßillƒ

Author: bundoriyagyu Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35880 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 4:26 PM
If any of y'all know of any I've missed, please e-mail them to me. TIA!!
ßillƒ

Bill, I know that Charles lurked at the Christian fools board and likely posted some in times past.

bundori

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35881 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 4:44 PM
Hey bundori,

Bill, I know that Charles lurked at the Christian fools board and likely posted some in times past.

Thanks! I was notified about that board and am collecting posts from their thread, but I still appreciate y'all telling me about it!

So far I've been informed of, and am collecting posts from, these 11 boards (...12 including ours, obviously...): 77's Foolish House of Pigskin, All things Sci-Fi, Baby Boomers, Buying and Maintaining a Car, Christian Fools, Computer & Video Gamers, Current Events, Gwen's Pub, Humor and Urban Legends, Major League Baseball, and Skunk(s).

But, since I've been getting so many e-mails these past two days, I have not had the time to "Search TMF" for any more related posts. So, I'm still asking for links to posts about Charles to be sent to me.

Again, thanks!

ßillƒ

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35883 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 10:39 PM
Thank you for the news. Please express my own sympathy to Karen.

Author: ez3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35884 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/7/2007 11:34 PM
I knew you boys would agree. Now, it's not our decision to make, but if his wife *does* decide to give the smoker to their church ... I'll put up the first $20 to have a nice ingraved bronze plaque made, to be attached to the smoker ... so his memory will be acknowledged whenever it's used. Anyone else wanna chip in?

Hey Chez,

I'm in for $25.00. But like you said, it's up to Karen. What ever she want's is fine wif' me.

So, a nice ingraved bronze plaque made, to be attached to the smoker ... what is is gonna' say?

I have some suggestions: (I don't mind if you do the work-smithing thang, or change it entirely):

Hope you enjoy the food prepared on this Smoker. Charles did. And he would want your stomachs full, and your Spirit fuller.

Fill your "tummies", then fill your "soul"!

After 40 yrs. in the desert, this stuff tastes "really good"!

I'll leave it at that.

Let me know,

ez3 - Kevin

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35902 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/9/2007 12:16 AM
OK, the Washington Post has added Charles' obituary and there is a Remembrance Book to sign.

www.bbqfools.com/crobinso.php

However, in order to both "see" the obituary and "sign" the Remembrance Book, a free WP account is needed.

Please pass the word along to all of the boards where Fools have been discussing Charles' passing.

Thanks!

ßillƒ

Author: bundoriyagyu Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35906 of 82098
Subject: Re: Charles Robinson - crobinso Date: 3/9/2007 9:52 AM
Please pass the word along to all of the boards where Fools have been discussing Charles' passing.
Thanks!
ßillƒ

Bill, thanks my friend. Just went there and posted. Seemed so little to offer someone like Charles. I think I am going to have a big bowl of my BBQ chili that I just made last night in honor of my friend. He would have appreciated that (grin).

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (47) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement