Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195895  
Subject: Charlie Date: 9/24/2012 5:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Who's better? Your Notre Dame Fighting Irish, or my Kansas State Wildcats?
Ray
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182840 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/24/2012 5:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ray

-----------

Alabama. :)

AM

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182843 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/24/2012 7:15 PM

Uh? Oh wait, you mean there's another school in Kansas?

Go Irish!

Charlie

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182845 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/24/2012 11:27 PM
We might find out when Notre Dame plays Miami on 10/6

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182846 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 6:38 AM
We might find out when Notre Dame plays Miami on 10/6

We can take 'em.

Charlie

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182851 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 9:30 AM
Recommendations: 2
Uh? Oh wait, you mean there's another school in Kansas?

No. There's only one school in Kansas. The Kansas State University. The first land grant university created under the Morrill Act during the civil war. The oldest of the D1 Universities in Kansas. Home of the Landon Lecture given by most US presidents and dignitaries in recent history. KSU is second in the nation at producing Rhodes Scholars despite being among the smallest D1 state schools in the nation.
We have the smallest athletic budget in the Big 12 and one of the smallest among BCS schools, but we've produced four Final Fours, nine Elite Eights, and 36 All Americans.
After being named Futility U by Sports Illustrated, and the worst college football team of all time, Kansas State has become a formidable football team. As head coach Bill Snyder has amassed a record of 162-83-1. That doesn't sound great until you consider that he took over a team with about 50 scholarship players who had lost every game for several seasons.

We are a small school who competes well.

Notre Dame and Kansas State have two common opponents this year. Miami, who Kansas State dismantled 52-13, and Oklahoma, who Kansas State beat 24-19, becoming the first ranked team to defeat Bob Stoops in Norman.

This is shaping up to be a fun season. The resurgence of ND football and the topsy turvy upsets in several major conference make for some interesting races.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182852 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 9:34 AM

This is shaping up to be a fun season. The resurgence of ND football and the topsy turvy upsets in several major conference make for some interesting races.

Will they be playing Alabama?

AM

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182853 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 9:43 AM

Neither team is scheduled to play Alabama this year.
Ray

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182855 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 11:13 AM
Recommendations: 1
<<
We can take 'em.
>>

Kansas State took em already.... we will see if them golden domers can too???

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182856 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 11:17 AM
<<

AM
>>

Maybe, if neither lose maybe the NC game... if they both lose one or two maybe the Sugar bowl.....

I do not think ND is ready for Alabama this year... however FSU looks like they could compete with Alabama... probably the 2 best Ds in college football and both can score....

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182857 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 11:22 AM
however FSU looks like they could compete with Alabama

That would be an interesting game.
I would be torn in half trying to decide who to cheer for since I'm from Florida but attended Alabama. :)

AM

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182858 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 11:28 AM
<<
That would be an interesting game.
I would be torn in half trying to decide who to cheer for since I'm from Florida but attended Alabama. :)
>>

It looks like the best match up for the NC at this moment... but they would both have to keep winning... If ND runs the table with their schedule, ND will be in the NC game. Michigan, MichiganState, USC, Stanford, Oklahoma, Miami, ..... I do not think they will beat USC or Stanford, or Oklahoma though... sorry Charlie....

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182860 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 11:53 AM

interesting I wouldnt be torn in the least
with any of my seven schools v BYU

(>:

"matriculatin trumps dirt"

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182863 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 12:35 PM
"matriculatin trumps dirt"

------

But...but...but....I LIKE Fla. State.
I also like 'Bama.
Oh dear oh dear.
:)

AM

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182873 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 2:06 PM

But...but...but....I LIKE Fla. State.
I also like '

Oh dear oh dear.

it's ok ... just seems strange to me

I like 'Bama- but not when playing one of my teams

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182875 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 2:11 PM

Well! Really!

AM
....aghast!

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182876 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 2:15 PM

Well! Really!

AM
....aghast!

tis odd, I know ... that a Yankee would like 'Bama

but "there it is"

(>:

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182887 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 2:58 PM
This is shaping up to be a fun season.

Yes.

Charlie

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182888 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 2:59 PM

Alabama sticks to the SEC to compete, and plays powder puff non-conference teams(i.e. Michigan).

BTW - Bear Bryant NEVER beat Notre Dame.

:-)Charlie

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182890 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 3:01 PM
I do not think they will beat USC or Stanford, or Oklahoma though... sorry Charlie....

Oklahoma isn't strong this year, so I think the Irish can take them. As for USC and Stanford, I can see them beating the Trojans, but not Stanford.

Charlie

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182894 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 3:39 PM
tis odd, I know ... that a Yankee would like 'Bama

but "there it is"

(>:

----------

How many times I have to tell you that you are NOT a Yankee!
Oy!

AM

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182898 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 4:01 PM
<<
Oklahoma isn't strong this year, so I think the Irish can take them. As for USC and Stanford, I can see them beating the Trojans, but not Stanford.

Charlie
>>>

LOL, tell me how not strong Oklahoma is after you beat them! :-) I do not know yet if ND is stronger than any of them that is why we play the game, and what makes it fun to watch!

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182899 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 4:10 PM
LOL, tell me how not strong Oklahoma is after you beat them! :-) I do not know yet if ND is stronger than any of them that is why we play the game, and what makes it fun to watch!

Oklahoma is physically tough. They have an NFL QB, and they are very well coached. This might be a down year for them but they aren't an easy out for anyone, especially in Norman.
Ray

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182900 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 4:15 PM
<<
Oklahoma is physically tough. They have an NFL QB, and they are very well coached. This might be a down year for them but they aren't an easy out for anyone, especially in Norman.
Ray
>>

Anyone going to Norman and expecting to win better be ready to play big boy football...

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182902 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 5:44 PM
Charlie.... ND needs more O to win in Norman....

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182911 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/25/2012 10:05 PM
Oy!

it's like the "true Scot fallacy" -- i had a friend in grad school who was CERTAIN i was Scot because all and only Scots were trustworthy and *i* (in his opinion!) was trustworthy

i lied: "ALL my ancestors are Croatian" ..... he told me a story how a band of Scottish 'Vikings' travelled to the Med and invaded Croatia ... and

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182917 of 195895
Subject: Re: Charlie Date: 9/26/2012 12:19 AM
Oy!

it's like the "true Scot fallacy" -- i had a friend in grad school who was CERTAIN i was Scot because all and only Scots were trustworthy and *i* (in his opinion!) was trustworthy

i lied: "ALL my ancestors are Croatian" ..... he told me a story how a band of Scottish 'Vikings' travelled to the Med and invaded Croatia ... and

------------------------

LOL!

AM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement