UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: bestaluck2u Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35387  
Subject: Re: A Market Top for Bonds? Date: 5/8/2013 3:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Charlie,

For kicks and giggles I took a look at the CBOT Bond futures charts for the nearby weekly and monthly contracts. Those showed last weeks high did not surpass the previous highs for the future contracts. Today still looks like this rally was a failure swing. If that is the case the bond futures could well have topped out last year. On the other hand it would not be unlike the floor traders and locals to go get the stops another time either. You know be sure to let the last bulls in.

This kind of reminds me of when I was a lad and my grandmother died. My uncle handled her estate and one of the things he liquidated was some bonds that she owned. He remarked how he wisely moved the money out of those bonds as several of them were only paying 3%. Of course when one considers that the bonds were sold at a discount and a commission was probably paid and the money could not be invested for very long because it was part of the estate, we realize in some situations 3% is 3%. Truly that's what makes a market liquid, and everyone has their reason for buying or selling.

Hope you and your family and the fishing are all well.

Best of luck.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Ringing the NASDAQ Bell
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement