No. of Recommendations: 14
Charlie,

If you want to do an annoted bibliography as your contribution to the FAQs, that would be a welcome addition. I will reiterate that what we have attempted to do, by providing as complete a picture as possible of various options within what can loosely be called bonds/fixed-income, is very different than anything available in bond books or, as far as I can tell, other web sites providing education on the topic (I find specific sub-topics covered by bonds-on-line and some others very helpful, and we have tried to link those).

It has been hard enough to bring the FAQs to press because we have chosen a huge topic. though I think appropriately so. We are also, as a group, self-critical, which has meant trying to correct mistakes, keep up with changes, and figure stuff out (such as bond funds losing value "mysteriously") before submitting the FAQs to TMF. (If we could just put the draft up, ourselves, then easily edit, without an extra, presumably easy, step, we would have done so long ago.) We have also been waiting for some people to complete tasks they have promised to do or take ownership.

It is always possible to quibble with any statement, but that gets very tiresome and becomes extremely unhelpful in trying to accomplish the basic task. You obviously have no interest in there being FAQs, because you weren't the primary author, so you prefer to take pot-shots, instead of having taken on suggesting editorial changes or fixing mistakes or taking responsibility for topics for which you have the best expertise, notably junk bonds and bond trading, which are poorly covered in the FAQs.

My intent, since 2Old seems to have gone AWOL, is to take what she has done with editing, give it another run through to fix some of her typos and look for changes (such as updated links to the Treasury site), and for the stuff 2Old didn't edit, just go with the inferior draft, so we can have these before the New Year.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement