UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (73) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60255  
Subject: Re: The American Middle Class Is No Longer the W Date: 4/30/2014 8:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Charlie:"Which is stupid from a supply standpoint. There is a finite supply of fossil fuels, so why not explore other options -"

We've been 'exploring' alternative fuels since the 1970s. Likely before you were born....from what I can tell.

In that time, every ethanol company has gone bust without exception.

In that time, no viable sources of 'alternative fuels' have been found that don't require massive amounts of fossil fuels to make.

In that time, every 'greenie company' backed by greenie Obama has gone bust, including Solyndra, A123 Battery, Fisker Cars, a dozen other car companies, at least, every 'battery company', the offshore wave energy projects (both of them).....and all the solar companies in the manufacturing end. every one of them.

10 years of throwing a trillion dollars at greenie projects and nothing to show.

Windmills (made from fossil fuels)....running and costing 35% more or greater for electricity.....

Solar panels...3 times the cost of other energy

In the past 20 years, Obama and the liberal drones have removed half the existing water power in the US...taken out dams back east by the near 100 on small rivers, taken out major dams out in the Pacific Northwest..... and is taking some out in California.....

But...what can you say? The greenies really want you to freeze in your eco-hovel as they sit in their multi million dollar houses in the LA basin, not having much need of heat or a/c.....or figure they'll get federal energy subsidies to live off.....

When you come to me and say, hey, I'm running my car on fuel or electricity that is 100% fossil fuel, that took no fossil fuels to make ti, and you can drive on roads that have no concrete or asphalt in them (fossil fuels) and made from 100% fossil fuel materials.....then you have a plan.

Otherwise, you have a pipe dream.

t.

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (73) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement