Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TigerToes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 34  
Subject: Check these earnings estimates Date: 10/29/1998 1:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Take a look at the earnings estimates for the 4th quarter and next year, particularly the EPS growth percent. Looks like the analysts are expecting some big improvements. Hope they are right!

http://biz.yahoo.com/z/a/d/datm.html

TT
Print the post Back To Top
Author: helofool Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24 of 34
Subject: Re: Check these earnings estimates Date: 10/29/1998 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Take a look at the earnings estimates for the 4th quarter and next year, particularly the EPS growth percent. Looks like the analysts are expecting some big improvements. Hope they are right!"

Be careful of what you are looking at. For example, next quarter there are 2 (only 2) analysts looking at this stock. One of the two is estimating 0.28 for the Q, the other -0.12. That makes the average 0.08, not a bad number, but hardly a VALID consensus. If you go out to next year, only one of those guys has offered his guess, and he thinks 1.00 for the year. Let's think about this for a moment, (and I am making the assumption that the 99 est is being made by the same analyst that had the bright picture for Dec98). That individual anticipates 0.28 for Q4-98, and yet only 1.00 for Q1+Q2+Q3+Q4-99. That to me sounds like it is going in the wrong direction. Based on the 0.28, I would hope to see something greater than 0.28+0.28+0.28+0.28 or >1.12 for the full 99. My point is that with this small of a sample size, you need to be very cautious. Yes, I am still long on DATM, but I don't put a lot of failth in these numbers.

Thoughts....???

Author: TigerToes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25 of 34
Subject: Re: Check these earnings estimates Date: 10/29/1998 1:20 PM
I agree with your analysis and after looking at the trading this morning it appeared that most of the trading was on the sell side. The price hit my stop so I sold out at $7.00 per share.

I'll keep it on my screen and if it starts looking MUCH better I may take another position.

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

TT

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement