No. of Recommendations: 0
Check with TD Waterhouse to set up your account. I have an IRA and a Roth IRA, and pay no annual fee on either of them.

My income comes in over just six weeks of the year, so I put my whole contribution in at once. TDW or other posters can better advise you re: options for using dollar cost averaging.

There are mutual funds that charge no fee for adding to them. (They probably require a minimum initial deposit greater than $300, but perhaps not; usually the minimums are lower in an IRA. Be mindful of the fund's expense ratio, as well as no/low fees to buy or sell the fund. AND of course the fund's history, management, sector, and strategy!)

Best Wishes, and congrats on getting an early start on retirement.
Alice of the frogfarm

Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement