Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: tdaddy36 CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 804  
Subject: Chemical company Date: 5/23/2009 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ticker CEMJQ i'm asking if anyone knows about this company..i've done alot of research. This company has averaged a trading value between $16 & $8, in november when this depression or recession; whatever we want to call it came along, this chemical company was hit hard, and I don't believe the CEO managed this company well during this time. This company averages sales $3.1 billion in sales a year. In febuary they filed for bankruptcy, and that was completed in March. After the restructure, Citigroup came in on April 29th an gave a $400 million dollar dip loan, to help them get back on their feet. They have hired most employees back and their back to almost full production. This company is now trading at 12 cents. My main question is why did Citigroup come in two weeks after they made this dip loan and buy 6 million shares of this company; also two major head funds came in; one bought 27 million shares and the other bought 8 million shares. On May 15, 2009 the teo head fun groups and Citigroup came back in and bought 6 million more shares. Can somebody figure out what the rest of us little guys don't know.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement