Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 443869  
Subject: Chik-fil-a ok? Date: 2/23/2013 10:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-windmeyer/dan-cathy-ch...

Adrian
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418462 of 443869
Subject: Re: Chik-fil-a ok? Date: 2/24/2013 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No. Although the company has stopped giving to hate groups, has removed all references to religion from its web site, and is running from political controversy, the same people are still in charge. The Cathy family are still outspoken Christians and there is no doubt in my mind that they have surrounded themselves with like-minded people. This was never about gay bashing for me. I have no reason to support their lifestyle as championed by the likes of Mike Huckabee when I could just as easily support a company that may or may not be headed by rational people.

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418533 of 443869
Subject: Re: Chik-fil-a ok? Date: 2/26/2013 9:55 AM
Recommendations: 4
The Cathy family are still outspoken Christians and there is no doubt in my mind that they have surrounded themselves with like-minded people. This was never about gay bashing for me. I have no reason to support their lifestyle as championed by the likes of Mike Huckabee when I could just as easily support a company that may or may not be headed by rational people.

I got the impression from the article that Cathy's views are softening. People can change. I'm hopeful.

There certainly are Christians who campaign for same-sex marriage. I know a few.

Obama claims to have changed his views on same-sex marriage. I changed my own views on same-sex marriage a few years ago. People can change.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement