Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I pay for full-time child care for two kids at one facility (the only way I can keep the slot). But I don't use it full-time, because on Tues and Thurs they are at pre-school across town. So I end up paying for more child care on those days at their pre-school.

Is there anything in the tax code to prevent me from claiming all the child care expenses even though it amounts to more than full time? I'm not near the $4800 limit (for two kids) because it didn't start until September.

- Tom
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.