UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rianah100 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129274  
Subject: Chimney cleaning Date: 2/24/2004 10:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi,
What kind of a business should I call to get my fireplace chimney cleaned? I haven't gotten a clue....
Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MunkeeNutz Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46630 of 129274
Subject: Re: Chimney cleaning Date: 2/24/2004 11:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hi,
What kind of a business should I call to get my fireplace chimney cleaned? I haven't gotten a clue....
Thanks!

A chimney sweep. I think they advertise in the yellow pages.

Chim chiminey chim chiminey chim chim cheroo...

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46650 of 129274
Subject: Re: Chimney cleaning Date: 2/25/2004 10:47 AM
Note that they sell the brushes for chimney cleaning at Home Depot. It is not too big a DIY job if you have a ladder and you can deal with the heights you have in your case.

In my neighborhood, the chimney sweeps are frequent telephone solitiors. Also there are quite a few mail box stuffings. Sometimes discount cards in those coupon packs.

But yes, check the yellow pages.

Author: scaryblondechick Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46938 of 129274
Subject: Re: Chimney cleaning Date: 2/29/2004 7:17 PM
I don't think I'd want to do this myself. The last time I had the chimney sweeps in, they had this lovely big hood contraption that fit right over the whole firebox and connected to a fire-safe shopvac. There was no mess at all; in fact, only the guy working from above got his clothes dirty. The one using the vac stayed spotless, and he was the only one who came inside the house.

scary

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement