UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Starrob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7921  
Subject: Chinese Oil Sector Offers Interesting Opportunit Date: 12/9/2012 5:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This section of GG used to be filled to the gills with worthless Chinese junk microcap stocks but it looks like all of those stock pumpers have left the building....so since I am contrarian, I simply post a Chinese smallcap to read about.....I don't reccomend stocks to others and I try avoiding pumping stocks.

If anyone invests in this one, I would go in knowing microcaps seem very risky to me and Chinese microcaps seem extra-ordinarily risky..so, I would go in knowing the risks and total loss of capital seems to be definetely one of those risks and that risk seems substantially higher than one would have with a US based company.....If one wanted safer Chinese exposure CNOOC or the larger cap plays might offer more consistent and/or more reliable growth:

"Jim Cramer, arguably the most famous American financial commentator, has been bearish on China and Chinese stocks for many years and finally turned bullish on the (FXI) China ETF.

To play it, Cramer doesn't recommend investing directly in individual Chinese companies, but rather the iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund,(FXI) exchange-traded fund. The FXI owns a basket of what Cramer considers "the highest quality Chinese companies," including oil and gas companies such as CNOOC (CEO) and PetroChina (PTR). Most investors know the biggest three Chinese oil companies: PetroChina, CNOOC and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (SNP). These three companies are well-known to investors and are worthy to look at for the long run.

An other interesting oil company which should be mentioned is Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding (LPH). This company is widely followed by retail investors in the U.S. and Europe. It is an undervalued Chinese oil company that trades at a significant discount to the big three.

Recent economic indicators show that the Chinese economy has stabilized and expects higher growth in the fourth quarter of 2012: "Now is a critical point for the country's industrial economy. Positive factors are accumulating," said Zhu Hongren, Chief Engineer of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. The PRC also surpassed the United States as the world's largest recipient of global foreign direct investment in the first half of 2012, showing that global investors have confidence in the world's second-largest economy. China Daily (October 26, 2012)."

cont'd

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1017321-chinese-oil-sector-o...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement