Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95866  
Subject: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/16/2013 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I would recommend that the Eagles start their search for their new coach for 2015, because as soon as Kelly figures out that everyone gets paid at this level, he will pull a Petrino and tuck tail back to college.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93440 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 5:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why any successful college coach would want to leave the comfy role as a college HC amazes me, unless you're like Oete Carroll staying one step ahead of the posse.

No player union, limited practice times, etc... What's not to love?

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93441 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 7:10 PM
Pete Carroll. Dang cell phone key pad.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93442 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 8:16 PM
Recommendations: 0
No player union, limited practice times, etc... What's not to love?

What about recruiting?

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93443 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 9:09 PM
Supposedly Oregon is about to get hit with some sanctions but Kelly has been interested in the NFL for quite a while. It will be fun to see a coach finally start to make some correct 4th down decisions like usually going for it on 4th and 5 or less once you cross the 50 for example. His college offense probably won't be used much but his style of fast pace definitely can work in the NFL since the Patriots are using it this year after Belichick visited Kelly last year to discuss how to maximize speed.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93444 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 9:11 PM
Why any successful college coach would want to leave the comfy role as a college HC amazes me

Money and prestige.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 93445 of 95866
Subject: Re: Chip Kelly to the Eagles Date: 1/17/2013 9:29 PM
Why any successful college coach would want to leave the comfy role as a college HC amazes me

Money and prestige.

and money : prestige only if you win,
but the money's guaranteed

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement