UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753883  
Subject: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 1:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Getting set to make lunch and put bowl on counter. turned around and the bowl , somehow, managed to make it off the counter, hit the floor, and splintered into 300 pieces......

had to get out the clean up stuff.....the little sweeper.....and hopefully got all the little shards.....sharp little ones.....

Well....I was down to 5 bowls..lost one a couple years ago...now down to 4.......

Time to go hunting for another 2 Corelle bowls...might actually have to go to some garage sales...probably 30 years or 40 years old.....

Oh well.....have the windows open.....70 deg outside going up to 73 and sunny...... same tomorrow....maybe up to 75 or 77....... then it is back to normal with highs in 50s......

Can't wait for spring...but have south wind and had to fish out 200 leaves in the pool.....it's raining leaves.....still....10,000 leaves on the oak tree yet to fall...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667927 of 753883
Subject: Re: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 2:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
went looking on line.....Ebay has a gazillion Corelle bowls.....and you can buy 3 or 4 or 5 of them for about 10 bucks in the size I need....but the shipping is 10 bucks....

Checked Walmart..you can buy new bowls....6 of them for 20 bucks and they'll ship them to a nearby store.....with tax....a bit over 20 bucks....

Decided to buy the new.....

so I took care of that problem......I need at least five bowls to get me half way through the week.....since the dishwasher is broke...that's about when it is time to do dishes....usually Wed and Sunday.....

one of these days I'll break down and buy a new dishwasher......waiting for a Bosch 'free install' sale....

t.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667934 of 753883
Subject: Re: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 2:49 PM
Recommendations: 0
"Getting set to make lunch and put bowl on counter. turned around and the bowl , somehow, managed to make it off the counter, hit the floor, and splintered into 300 pieces." - tele

Hit the floor and "separated" into 300 pieces. Not to mention it was also a little lesson in time and space too. Time and space and separation.... lessons embedded in our everyday lives.... whether you want to experience them or not.

Art

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667969 of 753883
Subject: Re: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 5:28 PM
Ebay has a gazillion Corelle bowls.....and you can buy 3 or 4 or 5 of them for about 10 bucks in the size I need....but the shipping is 10 bucks....

Filter for listings with free shipping. It's the only way to fly on eBay.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667974 of 753883
Subject: Re: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 5:36 PM
Hit the floor and "separated" into 300 pieces.

Bowls hitting floors and poop hitting [toilet] bowls. How poetic is that? It's all dooo-aaaal-ity!

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 667987 of 753883
Subject: Re: chit happens... Date: 1/23/2013 6:11 PM
I thought you washed your bowl and utensils after you ate all the time. hmmm....

I just use the same big Pyrex bowl for everything....I'm all into energy(my energy) efficiency.

Now of course, it I had company or a lover, I would use a plate, a glass for my water...separate bowl for cooking....everything would be all spic and span.

But it's just me, and my germs....yeah, I clean the bowl and utensils but my goodness, I have so many meals in one day, my hands would look like a farmers wife in Montana if I washed them all that many times.

I like running my dishwasher, KitchenAid that is about 40 some yrs. old, works fine, yes, it's noisy, but so what! :) I go to another room. and the dishes and bowls and everything are all cleaned and sterilized. It's hard for me to get everything cleaned by hand....have to scrub real hard and I can only do so much you know.

LD

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement