UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90263  
Subject: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 1:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Darling of the Republican party. Known for telling people to suck it up and deal with something themselves. Now he's whining for a government handout.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie blasted fellow Republican John Boehner and the GOP-controlled House on Wednesday, saying he was disgusted that Congress failed to approve emergency aid for victims of Superstorm Sandy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100349457

Steve
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90028 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Chris Christie sucks. Can't stand the son of a B. Don't trust the son of a B. End of story.

Author: kogrady Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90029 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 5:43 PM
People who lost their home and everything they own are just supposed to suck it up? Apparently, you've never faced or even imagined the total devestation they've experienced.

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90030 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 7:03 PM
Recommendations: 2
People who lost their home and everything they own are just supposed to suck it up?

I'm laffing at Christie's hypocricy.

NJ gov: Entitlements make us lazy

“That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally, because when the American people no longer believe that this is a place where only their willingness to work hard and to act with honor and integrity and ingenuity determines their success in life, then we’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch, waiting for their next government check,” he said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/chris_cross_XHwReGvgzZ...

And now Christie is not only waiting for a government check, he's throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get it as fast as he wanted it.

Steve

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90031 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 9:50 PM
Maybe, I am incorrect in my assessment; however, I feel that Christie wants the money to repair and replace the infrastructure. It will be up to the individual owners to figure out what they need to do.

Donna

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90032 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/3/2013 11:32 PM
The principle is the same. Christie denigrates people who want a government check, until he's in a bind, then he demands a government check.

He could just raise state taxes to cover the cost of infrastructure repairs. but noooo. Much easier to lean on the Federal government

Steve

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 90033 of 90263
Subject: Re: Chris Christie cracks me up Date: 1/4/2013 9:13 PM
From watching NBC news tonight, it appears that the money Christie is demanding is the money from the National Food Insurance. It appears that entity is almost broke and there are 115,000 outstanding claims still to be paid. Well, these people paid Flood Insurance premiums, and like homeowners insurance, should receive their money in order to rebuild, or not.

However, I do have a problem with people who live on the coast constantly rebuilding and another disaster happens in the same area. Fortunately, our house was so well built, we lost shingles, but nothing else was damaged, except Mama's prize Mimosa Tree which was totally uprooted. That's when the Virginia Beach pier was demolished. (Hurricane Hazel).

Donna

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement