UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beckyz51 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25060  
Subject: Re: For the record Date: 2/12/2001 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Chris,
I am a creationist. Because I'm one of those Crazy Christians who believes even every letter in the Bible is true. I know we miss alot in the translation as far as pure meaning goes. There is all we need to know about God and finding salvation, but if you know Hebrew, you get alot more out of it. I couldn't even manage Spanish! Let alone another alphabet! Memory has always been a problem for me, so I keep everything I read and mark the cover up with the most important things and organize them so I can find them later for details.
Just FYI the Hebrew alphabet at the writing of at least the early books by Moses, had very few letters and one word could have many meanings. It still has multiple meanings for words but has advanced over the years to be more specific.
'Yom' is the word for day, for instance. It can mean sunrise to sunset; sunset to sunset; a space of time(defined by an associated term); an age; time or period (without any reference to solar days).
Enter the Young Earth--Old Earth debate in Christendom. It's a pain really to someone like me who likes people to make up their own minds about things and not have info they don't understand crammed down their throats. Also,I resent those who would say that if I think the Big Bang theory sounds logical that I'm going to Hell. Cause I'm not! Jesus is the way and 6000 years or 6 Billion years is trivia. Interesting to toss around, but trivia.
Books I reccomend are the four I've read by Hugh Ross. I haven't finished 'catching up' with you all---got thru #30 last nite and have many comments but this is all for now. Thanks for the welcome, I hope we can debate this and stay friends. Looks like you've done well so far. Becky

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement