UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66210  
Subject: ChronoSync Date: 1/23/2013 10:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone care to share experience/opinions of ChronoSync? Looking at it as way to keep files on multiple Mac is sync (Can't keep everything in Dropbox.)

Gordon
Atlanta
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FlyingDiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62100 of 66210
Subject: Re: ChronoSync Date: 1/23/2013 12:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I use to mirror certain large data collections to my NAS. The ones I don't want multiple (Time Machine) backups of. Like all the media in iTunes or my "Games" directory. Works very well for automated cloning like that.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62109 of 66210
Subject: Re: ChronoSync Date: 1/24/2013 1:25 AM
Anyone care to share experience/opinions of ChronoSync? Looking at it as way to keep files on multiple Mac is sync (Can't keep everything in Dropbox.)

used to use it all the time ..for syncing and
general backup --thought it great.

very powerful; very versatile

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62110 of 66210
Subject: Re: ChronoSync Date: 1/24/2013 8:20 AM
I agree with what the others have said.

Powerful, customizable, reliable. I have daily, weekly, and monthly backups scheduled and it takes care of them automagically. I even have one drive that I keep at my SIL's house for offsite backup, and it runs the backup as soon as I connect the drive to my system.

PF

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement