UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pattipf3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2393  
Subject: CHTP Date: 4/4/2012 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Aloha Kahuna,
I have a situation that I just found out about.We own 800 shares of CHTP HAVE HAD IT OVER A YEAR oops sorry about the caps...and it has declined rapidly lately. Lots of volume.I went to news on our brokerage account & there are two law firms trying to have shareholders possibly file a class action suit.

I read the news on a link to Business News.I left a message with the latest firm after calling my brokerage acct.Investor helpline.Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Aloha Nui,Pattipf3
Print the post Back To Top
Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2346 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 4/9/2012 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
That's what your beloved Yahoo finance is for to look up info by ticker symbol.

Author: pattipf3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2347 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 4/10/2012 4:58 AM
Recommendations: 0
Aloha,
Chelsea Therapeutics, it tanked again today.The law firm that I called did not return my call.Aloha Pattipf3

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2349 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 7/6/2012 12:19 PM
Aloha, Patti. (My wife and I recently semi-retired, spending about 6 months/year in Waikiki.) You're asking or free advice, and that may be exactly what mine is worth.

That said, a quick look at CHTP indicates that it was always a highly speculative biotech company. Unless one is exceptionally expert in the research the company is doing, such stocks are basically lottery tickets: you might win a bundle, but most likely you'll lose.

So my advice would be to treat your CHTP shares that way. You can hold them if you like, and you might win the lottery someday. Or you can sell them at whatever the market price happens to be right now.

As for class-action lawsuits on such stocks, they are even more speculative. Certain firms routinely try to attract angry investors so that they might file such suits. Even if they happen to win, the lawyers capture nearly all the winnings. Years from now, you might "win" a few cents on the dollar.

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2351 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 7/8/2012 12:35 PM
Whatever. Are you disputing my main claim, which is that, at best, Patti would probably recoup a few cents on the dollar?

I'm speaking from experience. I've gotten a few of those checks.

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2353 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 7/11/2012 9:02 PM
And your answer to my question is...?

Author: pattipf3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2354 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 8/13/2012 4:19 AM
Aloha,
Mahalo for taking interest in my post re CHTP...it is a learning lesson for me...I should not have bought it.Could of put it on my watch list...looks like I will use it as a tax loss for this year...Live & Learn...Best Wishes Pattipf3

Author: pattipf3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2355 of 2393
Subject: Re: CHTP Date: 8/13/2012 4:45 AM
Aloha, being semi-retired myself I am 2nd generation from Hawaii.We took our first trip to the mainland in 1999 to Washington DC.For us it was like stepping into another world.My husband had a business trip.We took our oldest granddaughter,she was ten.Very visitor friendly place so much to see.That was a wonderful trip.

You are lucky to be able to spend 6 months out of the year here.We have traveled to different states since 1999 for my husbands job.So amazed at the low prices for groceries and other things.Best Wishes,Pattipf3

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement