UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62970  
Subject: Church Living in Seattle Date: 12/14/2012 2:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Interesting piece on the large number of abandoned churches being converted into luxury condos -- eye of the needle I guess.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732400110457816...

When Colin Bodell moved into a new 3,000-square-foot condo in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood in August, he was looking forward to living with its 30-foot ceilings, polished-marble floors and 20-foot-tall stained-glass windows. One thing he didn't anticipate, however, was people knocking on his front door to ask what time services were or to speak to the pastor.

</snip>

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46787 of 62970
Subject: Re: Church Living in Seattle Date: 12/14/2012 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
They did mention that heating costs can be high which would be a big negative for me. I liked the idea of it, and the look of what they showed, but the high ceilings and large "grandiose" living spaces would be a bear to keep warm. Power bills would be astronomical.

Art

Author: rainphakir Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46788 of 62970
Subject: Re: Church Living in Seattle Date: 12/14/2012 12:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
hehe
Intercst, are you wishing you'd made a different choice?

I've seen some old, small Tx country churches and tabernacles re-invented for other uses - hay barns, equipment sheds, etc.

:-)
ralph

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement