Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445601  
Subject: Re: Trip tocentral Texas Date: 10/5/2012 10:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Chuy's is legendary Tex-Mex food that also pays tribute to Elvis. I'm not from the area, so there are probably 100 better tasting places to eat, but I liked it. The chain has franchised and went public in July (CHUY). The original is in Austin, not far from the Stevie Ray Vaughn statue. There are two in San Antonio.

A great touristy place is Mi Tierra Cafe. It is colorful, has strolling mariachis, and is located in a Mexican-style market area just west of downtown San Antonio.

With highs above 80 for most of the year, Riverwalk offers shade, food, and alcohol to relax with. If you like to walk, stroll the Riverwalk up past the aquarium to the old brewery, about 2 miles each way. If you don't like to walk, they have boat rides that do the same thing. You can't miss by strolling the inner Riverwalk loop and reading the menus to find the type and price range of food you prefer.

Shiner Bock is the national drink of Texas, and there are also a lot of good micro-brews and mucho tequila.

If you have any interest in military history, you can walk among warplanes at Lackland Air Force Base, the site of Air Force basic training in SW San Antonio. Also, the National Museum of the Pacific War is in Fredricksburg, home of Admiral Nimitz. I have not been.

- Wes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement