Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AndrewVare Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44596  
Subject: Citibank Date: 9/11/1997 11:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone shorting CCi in a meaningful way? I think the Southeast Asia situation will put a damper on their stock buyback situation for a number of reasons, capital primary among them.

Sorry Mr. Reed.

ATV
Print the post Back To Top
Author: solasis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 195 of 44596
Subject: Re: Citibank Date: 9/11/1997 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
i'm already short with a put on wfc as previously discussed.

i'm looking for another - how about fastenal?

good luck with cci.

solasis

Author: kschof Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198 of 44596
Subject: Re: Citibank Date: 9/12/1997 8:01 PM
I'm into a reasonable number of the 1999 LEAP puts on CCI. I went that route instead of a straight short because I wasn't SURE about the timing and because the option premium seemed quite reasonable given the time to expiry.

I expect to see a long slow decline as margins shrink and the quality of consumer debt begins to deteriorate as rates trend higher. I also agree with a comment you made a while ago about stock buybacks possibly abating due to possible reserve requirement increases.

kschof

Author: AndrewVare Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200 of 44596
Subject: Re: Citibank Date: 9/14/1997 1:58 PM
Not to mention problems overseas, esp. Southeast Asia. The IMF will pump all it can, primarily to refloat it's liability providers, but it can only do so much. It looks like Japan is again following a policy of export expansion, rather than consumption, to lead them out of the doldrums. Interestingly, I think the card was played a long time ago in this scenario, and they can recover only by TIGHTENING interest rates and rising from their liquidity trap. Keynesian thought for the day, I guess.

To all Rambo shorts on Rambus: good luck. Remember, you can hedge directly by buying calls, or indirectly buy selling puts. One activity is a source of funds, the other a use thereof. I am not sure a public market exists yet in RMBS options, but I can see the need.
Be prudent. Be careful around earnings announcements.

ATV

ATV

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement