Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ultrabrite Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 580  
Subject: Cities Want Frontier Air Service Date: 6/2/2007 3:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Cities Court New Frontier Air Service
Friday June 1, 1:20 pm ET
By Sandy Shore, AP Business Writer
Western Cities Vying for New Frontier Airlines' Service

DENVER (AP) -- Catching a flight to New York, Los Angeles or Las Vegas sometimes can be a tricky -- and hair-raising -- journey from Colorado cities along the western flank of the Rockies.

---------------(2 paragraphs snipped)-------------------

Thousands of residents in about five dozen Western cities are hoping for more and cheaper flight options when Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc. starts its Lynx Aviation regional subsidiary. While Denver-based Frontier hasn't publicly identified its destinations, executives signed a $257 million agreement to buy 10 74-seat Bombardier Inc. turboprop planes with the goal of starting service next fall in four mountain resort communities and five non-mountain cities.

Frontier opted to look deeper into operations in small and mid-sized cities where residents are hungry for lower fares, more convenience and more options. It hopes to gain an edge in the industry by diversifying to draw more customers who could connect through Denver to other destinations.

"I think this definitely adds to the network, which is one of the key metrics about how competitive an airline is," said Doug Abbey, a partner of Velocity group, a Washington, D.C.-based aviation consulting company. "I'm very, very optimistic about it."

------------------ (remaining content omitted) -----------------

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070601/frontier_regional_service.html?.v=1

This is a good article to read (in its entirety) that paints a more hopeful light on FRNT's efforts to fulfill the needs of the local marketplace. I have no insight into the wisdom of these efforts, but I have to give the management credit for at least putting forth a reasonable plan to expand their flight operations to what may be underserved communities.

This is definitely a company to keep an eye on!

JT :-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement