UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: KSclimber Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2  
Subject: Citizenship to perform duties Date: 7/28/2004 11:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have an employee that has been with our company for over 10 years that we hired knowing that she was not a U.S. Citizen, but had a valid visa (and still does).

She performs services on-site at our customers' plant locations, requiring her to gain access for several hours to an area where she can interact with employees, such as a cafeteria.

For security reasons, one of our major customers requires that anyone having open access in their facility be a U.S. Citizen. Therefore, our employee cannot provide service for them.

Her previous manager had been asking her to get her citizenship for over 2 years, in anticipation of this problem, and she has skirted the issue several times.

How do I handle this situation both legally and ethically? I believe that I can make citizenship a requirement of her job and force her to get it. The cost of gaining citizenship is approximately $450.00 and can take several months.

Please offer any advice you can.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement