Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lairdsprayer Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 105  
Subject: Civil Suit Date: 11/28/2005 1:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Let me get this straight. Shareholders of AHO have won a settlement over accounting issues that will require AHO to pay those shareholders about 1.1 billion. I agree that AHO executives should be held responsible for any and all irregularities both abroad and here with US Foodservice. What sense does it make for shareholders to ask an already debt laden company (about $6 billion)in the midst of a turnaround attempt to pay them another billion? Shareholder value would be better served without this short term monetary gain.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lindapanzo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 102 of 105
Subject: Re: Civil Suit Date: 2/7/2006 7:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
There was an ad in one of the newsweeklies yesterday (I think it was in Time magazine but it could've been Newsweek) showing the settlement and contact info. If you bought AHO stock before February 24, 2003, you will get back at least $1.91 per share owned. Website is www.aholdsettlement.com

Author: lindapanzo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 105
Subject: Re: Civil Suit Date: 2/7/2006 8:05 AM
I took a look at the settlement and it's based on losses incurred and on when the stock was sold. If you owned AHO stock at any time from 1999 to 2003, you'll need to check this out for yourself.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement