Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Clarification please. After converting from a 401(k) to a traditional IRA, you write:

The next step involves taxes. If you then want to convert the
new traditional IRA to a Roth, and your trustee accepts the Roth,
you can direct the trustee to make that conversion. Tax will be
due on the non-taxed amount of the conversion....

Do I interpret this correctly: In this process, you're saying that I was able to roll over both taxed and non-taxed funds from the 401(k) to a traditional IRA? I thought that I had to exclude the already taxed funds from the rollover.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.