UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: claritee Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 492  
Subject: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 5/9/2008 1:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any ideas who the players are/will be? Looking for ideas.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: colleran Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 482 of 492
Subject: Re: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 5/10/2008 1:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Try Headwaters

Author: ennui Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 483 of 492
Subject: Re: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 5/14/2008 3:15 PM
FTEK is also in the list of usual suspects.

Norway's Statoil has an interesting program for CO2 capture (they pump it deep below the ocean floor--helps them get oil out).

An interesting article on "clean coal" research: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060510094138.htm

You can also read Wikipedia's article on Clean Coal, which has an amazing number of links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_coal

Really, you could spend about a week researching this stuff. But the only two companies I know of right now are FTEK & HW, neither of which are the real deal as far as "clean coal" companies.

Author: jamesoid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 484 of 492
Subject: Re: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 5/21/2008 12:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
Also, SSL Sasol Ltd ADR

Author: Curmudgeon44 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 487 of 492
Subject: Re: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 5/5/2009 10:03 AM
Recommendations: 1
I own SSL and would never have thought it a clean coal company. What it is as I see it, is a coal-to-liquids company. It is my understanding that this is no exception to the general rule that it's very hard to have an environmentally friendly process that uses coal.

Regards -- C44

Author: jaagu Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 488 of 492
Subject: Re: clean-burning coal recommends? Date: 10/25/2009 3:23 PM
Mexico built a large Nitrogen plant to inject into their Gulf oil wells -- helps them get oil out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement